Management of Madison Lodge, the hotel in which three bags of fake ballot papers were impounded by the police, is naming the Ashanti regional chairman for masterminding the scandal.
In a press statement, management of Madison lodge described the development as "scandalous" claiming that the ballots were found in the possession of Andy Owusu, a special assistant to Bernard Antwi Boasiako, popularly known as Chairman Wontumi.
The hotel reveals that Andy dropped the bags and stayed in the room for two hours with a fair skin lady, whom they suspect he has an amorous relationship with.
Below is the full statement
The attention of Madison Lodge has been drawn to images and videos circulating on social media, alleging that thumb printed ballot papers were found in our hotel rooms. We wish to state the following
1. On Saturday, December 3 at 7:20PM, a gentleman by name Andy Owusu, who is a known face in Kumasi and special Assistant to Chairman Wontumi, booked three rooms, he said was meant for some investors of his business.
2. He dropped 2 Bags and stayed in the room for 2 hours with a fair lady.
3. Chairman Wontumi, on Sunday, led Police men and media to our hotel premises to the very room his assistant booked, only to be told they were thumb printed Ballot.
4. We see this as scandalous and an attempt to destroy our brand as one of the serene hotels in Kumasi.
5. We are therefore willing to cooperate with the Police to find the true intent of Chairman Wontumi and his special Assistant.
Evans Nuamah, Hotel Manager, Madison Hotel.
Watch the ransacking of the hotel by police personnel