- Parsley is an ingredient best used in the kitchen
- But it is now better known for its great qualities in skin treatments
- Try this great and easy face mask
Parsley is a very savory and aromatic herb for food recipes, but it is also useful to treat diverse skin ailments, such as acne and dark spots.
Its skin lightening properties are well known, especially when it is used in its fresh state.
Many skin product brands include parsley in their creams and ointments, but there are many ways in which it can be incorporated in homemade formulas, at much better prices.
A face mask made with parsley, honey and lemon is very effective to diminish dark spots, and treat acne. Parsley also helps heal blemishes.
The use of parsley with fresh lemon is a very effective combination against dark spots and discolored skin, but it needs to be applied often for best results. Remember that lemon juice make skin more sensitive to the sun if used regularly, though!
The mixture of parsley with honey on skin brings in this ingredient’s moisturizing and soothing effects, and it also has antibacterial properties. Honey is especially good for acne scars and reducing inflammations.
READ ALSO: WARNING! 6 tests to help you spot fake rice
Here is your parsley, lemon and honey face mask:
- 1 medium-sized head of fresh parsley, soaked in warm water then well chopped.
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice (reduce amount if you have dry skin and maybe do not use it if your skin is sensitive).
- 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Chop the parsley into small pieces. Curly parsley with its darker green color may be a little better for this face mask, but the flat leaf variety is fine.
- Turn the pieces into a paste, with the help of a very small amount of lemon juice.
- Mix in the honey and lemon juice.
- First cleanse your skin, then rinse and pat dry.
- Smooth the mask over your face, avoiding the eye area.
- Lie down on top of a towel and leave the mask on for 10 to 15 minutes.
You may feel some stinging from the lemon juice. This should diminish, but if it gets worse it would be best to wash off the face mask, or leave out the lemon for a future treatment. Try this recipe once to twice a week.