A change in government comes with the formation of a transition team that will ensure a smooth and cordial pass of the baton from the outgoing government to the incoming one.
According to a statement released by the Minister of Communications, Edward Omane Boamah the transition will be inaugurated today, December 11, 2016.
Former Finance Minister under the Kufour administration Yaw Osafo Maafo will lead the president-elect Nana Akufo-Addo’s transition team.
He will be supported by;
1.Frema Osei Opare- Head of the Staff of Office of the President-elect
2. Gloria Akuffo- Member responsible for Legal Affairs
3. Ken Ofori- Atta- Member responsible for Finance
4. Ambrose Dery- Member responsible for the Interior
5. Dominic Nitiwul- Member responsible for Defence
6. Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey- Member responsible for Foreign Affairs
7. Hajia Alima Mahama- Member responsible for Local Government
8. Albert Kan Dapaah- Member responsible for National Security
The names above is an indication of who will help Ghana’s president-elect to run the affairs of the country.