While 2016 was a good year for some and bad for others, celebrities like media personality Afia Schwarzenegger had it both ways.
The outspoken former radio presenter was faced with some challenges earlier on in the year and ended 2016 on a rather blissful note.
Check out the 10 most memorable moments of the star and YEN.com.gh draws a close to 2016.
1. When Afia and outspoken Member of Parliament, Kennedy Agyapong had a face-off on live radio, trading uncensored insults at each other.
This incident made headlines for weeks as Ghanaians followed closely on developments between the two.
2. After that unpalatable incident with Kennedy Agyapong, Afia went off air for unknown reasons. While many speculated that she had been fired from Peace FM, the former actress maintained that she was on leave. She has since not been back on air.
3. When Afia posted this video slamming social media abusers who are intolerant of different opinions, her page was turned upside down.
4. When she posted this photo of her kissing President Mahama's photo that she found somewhere in Pretoria. She was fully dressed in the NDC colours as well, firmly declaring her choice for the 2016 elections. This photo made news all over the country.
5. Afia posted this photo of her kissing a 'strange man' after travelling to South Africa. It will later emerge that this man is the lover of the star whom she had been shielding from the media for months.
6. It was however confirmed that the couple had gotten married in South Africa in a private ceremony. She posted this photo of their rings, confirming the speculation.
PAY ATTENTION: YEN.com.gh has the best in entertainment news
7. The couple later had a lavish ceremony in Accra where their family and friends joined in the celebration of their union.
8. At the traditional wedding, Lawrence Abrokwah, Afia's husband performed some live tunes for his new wife - proving how talented he is at his primary occupation. This also made a lot of news.
READ ALSO: Yvonne Nelson shared hot cleavage selfie
9. When she slayed at the 2016 Ghana Movie Awards in this beautiful blue gown. The former radio presenter was in the front running for one of the best dressed on the night.
10. When she shared a gorgeous photo of her new family, bigger and better. Afia who had three children on her own now has a fourth, giving her a family of 5.
Although the year is drawing to a close, it is believed that a lot more is yet to come from this confident outspoken star.
What is your most memorable Afia Schwar moment of the year?