John Dramani Mahama has served Ghana since he took over the reins of the country, following the death of the late President Mills and for four years after being voted in power in 2012.
On December 9, 2016, President Mahama conceded his defeat after losing the election to Nana Akufo-Addo of the New Patriotic Party (NPP).
We have seen him from the beginning of his term through to the end, and have watched him evolve to the man he is now.
2016 has been quite the eventful year for President Mahama, and most of his best moments were captured in a photo. These are the most touching photos of Mahama in 2016:
1. This is probably the saddest photo of him this year, when he came to make his speech accepting the election results. Did your heart not break at this photo?
2. When his infectious smile was the highlight of the day.
3. When he received the honorary doctorate from the University of Aberdeen, with his darling wife next to him.
PAY ATTENTION: Get all the best entertainment news right here
4. That time he was so cool, when he tried the dabbing mode.
5. When he showed off his 'young at heart' side with the youth.
7. That time he proved that love was everything. Just look at how he looks at her.
8. When he showed us that being on the opposite side does not mean hate, and taught us what peaceful co-existing should look like.
These are just a handful of his most touching moments captured in a photo. Do you have any favorites.