Here's why you should not charge your phone under a pillow

Here's why you should not charge your phone under a pillow

A lot of people have become very used to plugging their phone at night time and simply placing it under their pillow while it charged. This has now been shown to be a very terrible idea and can lead to disastrous consequences.

One smartphone user learned this the hard way when he left his device to charge under the pillow. This action eventually sparked a fire.

phone charging danger

A phone is capable of sparking a fire when it overheats.

Luckily, he was not asleep on the pillow at the time and the whole bed did not burst into flames.

READ ALSO: Avoid clicking these dangerous Facebook links

The photo went viral online when a fire brigade shared it to show what can happen if you leave your phone unattended under your pillow. Preferably, you should place them on a table-top desk-top.

phone charging mistakes

You should avoid charging your electronics on a soft surface to prevent fire danger

Phones can get very hot and without adequate ventilation, it can get so hot that it sparks a fire. The fire expert also advised that you should not charge or use your laptop on a bed either. It can heat up when left on soft surfaces and can cause a fire.

READ ALSO: Drink this everyday for a flat stomach

Watch the video below for other phone charging mistakes you might be making.

Related news

Heartbreaking! Man saw kids eating cookies then he learned what they were made of (photos, video)

Heartbreaking! Man saw kids eating cookies then he learned what they were made of (photos, video)

Heartbreaking! Man saw kids eating cookies then he learned what they were made of (photos, video)
YEN.com.gh
Mailfire view pixel