President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has created 11 new ministries as he rolls out his agenda for turning the economy of Ghana around.
READ ALSO: Four sins of Akufo-Addo's new presidency
The creation of the 11 new ministries brings the number of ministries under Akufo-Addo's watch to 36.
The decision has sparked outrage in a section of the public, with some arguing that the president had not lived up to his pledge to protect the public purse.
Others argued, however, that Akufo-Addo must be givena free hand to select his ministers, so that he can realise his vision for the country.
Here are the new ministries and the ministers appointed to head them:
1. Minister for Planning – Prof. Gyan Baffour
2.Minister for Special Development Initiative – Mavis Hawa Koomson
3. Minister of Aviation – Cecelia Dapaah
4. Minister of Inner cities and Zongo Development- Abubakar Boniface Siddique
5. Minister of Business Development- Awal Mohammed
6. Minister for Parliamentary Affairs – Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu
7. Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation - Dr Anthony Osei Akoto
8. Minister for Regional Re-organisation - Hon. Dan Kwaku Botwe
9. Minister for Railways Development - Hon. Joe Nana Ghartey
10. Senior Minister - Yaw Osafo Marfo
11. National Security Minister - Albert Kan Dapaah
What do you make of this? Share your views with us in the comments section.