- A couple from Britain complained that their wedding was ruined after they and all their guests fell ill with a severe bout of diarrhea and vomiting
- The cause of the illness was a parasite called Cryptosporidium that inhabited the swimming pool of the Greek hotel they were staying at
- The parasite was in the pool waters due to large amounts of feces in the water and the pool not being regularly cleaned
A couple’s wedding plans were absolutely ruined when a plague of diarrhea and vomit swept over them and their guests in a Greek hotel. The cause of the sudden onset of severe gastric symptoms was a parasite called Cryptospordium, which was found inhabiting the hotel’s pool due to large amounts of feces in the water.
Many guests, including the newlyweds, are taking legal action against the hotel.
The couple state that their dream wedding was ruined by the malady that struck them and all their guests.
The husband recalls: “I was suffering from diarrhea, vomiting and horrendous stomach cramps on the actual day of the wedding. It spoilt the day and it is so frustrating and disappointing.”
He added: “I didn't get to eat any of my wedding meal that we had paid for due to fearing I would have to go straight to the toilet.”
The wife said: “We spent all that money and the best day of our lives has been ruined because people can't be bothered to clean the pool. The first week everyone was fine but the second week we all started dropping like flies. I would say the majority of the 50 guests were ill, including the children.”
She recalls taking huge doses of medication so she could attend her own wedding. The hotel pool has been closed as the investigation continues.