The Black Stars of Ghana are reported to have agreed to accept any amount proposed by the Sports Ministry as winning bonus at the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.
''The players have told us that they will take any amount that the nation is willing to pay them as their bonus money. They met the management committee and told them this,'' Ghana FA spokesperson Ibrahim Sannie-Daara told Metro FM.
According to Mr Daara, the gesture by the players is to indicate to Ghanaians that they not playing just for the money.
READ ALSO: Asantehemaa funeral begins today
''They want to send a signal to the Ghanaian public that they are not playing because of the money and hence this decision. Whatever Ghana can pay, they will take it.''
The players had earlier appealed to the new government to reinstate their $10,000 winning bonus. The appeal, however, resulted in a negative response from the public.
The Black Stars will kick start their AFCON 2017 campaign in Gabon on Tuesday against Uganda in Port Gentil.