- A lady is suffering after her husband allegedly burned her with a kerosene stove
- The 20-year-old says her husband Francis Kimani, a boda boda operator, burned after he saw a text message from another man in her phone
A woman is nursing serious injuries after her husband allegedly burned her with a kerosene stove and boiling soup.
Pauline Mugure got serious burns from the incident that happened in September 2016 and now says she cannot get further treatment as doctors are on strike.
She can’t also afford private hospital fees.
The 20-year-old says her husband Francis Kimani, a boda boda operator, burned after he saw a text message from another man in her phone.
“He had come home with meat and while I was cooking it he took my phone and found a text message in which a male friend had invited me for a cup of tea.
PAY ATTENTION: Get all the latest news on YEN.com.gh App
"We quarreled and after a few minutes he picked the stove, threw it at me and it exploded on my upper body,” Mugure told The Star in an exclusive interview.
The mother of one was then taken to Thika Level 5 Hospital and later referred to Kenyatta National Hospital, where she remained in a coma for almost a month and a half.
“When the strike started [on December 5 last year], I was discharged and asked to go heal at home,” she said.
Consolata Muuru, a good Samaritan who lost her daughter from domestic violence, came to her rescue and said she will take her to MP Shah Hospital.
The hospital requires a deposit of KSh 150, 000 (GHS6k) for her admission according to Mugure.
Watch her speak about the incident below: