President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has inaugurated a committee to oversee the planning and execution of Ghana @ 60 celebrations.
Get more news on Ghana here
Ghana will attain 60 years of independence from British colonization on 6 March, 2017.
The current New Patriotic Party government is expected to make sure the celebrations are indeed a colorful one.
In this regard, a team has been constituted and inaugurated by Nana Addo to spearhead the celebrations.
PAY ATTENTION: Get all the latest news on FREE YEN.com.gh mobile APP
This committee is made up of;
- Ken Amankwah Chairman
- Samuel A. Jinapor Vice Chairman
- Duke Ofori-Atta Secretary
- Eugene Arhin
- Lord Commey
- Sam Ellis
- Edmond Boateng
- Michael Ofori-Atta
- Ama Serwaa Nyarko
- Jefferson Sackey
- Kwaku Danso Misa Communication Working Group
- Abyna Ansah Adjei Communication Working Group
- Rep from Vice President's Office
- Director of State Protocol
- Rep. from State Protocol
- Chief of Protocol - Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Chief Director - Presidency
- Director - Finance and Administration (Presidency)
- Director - Budget (Presidency)
The diamond jubilee celebration is expected to attract dignitaries including heads of states of other African countries and representatives of missions.