The Ghana Police Service Director of Public Affairs, Superintendent Cephas Arthur, has dismissed reports that 3,000 new police recruits have been been dismissed from several of the Police Training Schools around the country.
READ ALSO: IGP dismisses almost 3,000 police recruits
Superintendent Cephas Arhur stated that only recruits at the Pwalugu Police Training School in the Upper East Region were affected by the recent mass dismissals. He said that contrary to a previously reported number of 3,000 recruits, that figure is rather a more modest 206 recruits of the Upper Eastern Region of whom were asked to return home.
“The number is 206, not 3000. If the number were 3000, it would mean we dismissed all the police officers we recruited in the service. That is not the case. The figures are nowhere close to 3000,” he told Chief Jerry Forson, on Accra100.5FM on Monday, February 6.
Pay Attention: Get all the latest news on yen.com.gh
According to reports, a list of all dismissed recruits is slated to be delivered to the Ghana Police Service Headquarters (HQ) in order for the service to take "further action".
“The administration has decided to enforce the law against them, especially those who forged documents to deceive a public officer. They will face the law.”
Commissioner of Police (COP) , Director-General Human Resources Department, wrote a letter to the commanding officer of PPSTS, Pwalugu directing him to dismiss candidates who had failed to meet the service's minimum entry requirements.