Former Vice Presidential aide, Mr. James Agyenim-Boateng, has broken the silence and revealed how uniformed men confiscated his 'personal' vehicle in the early hours of Tuesday, February 7th.
According to an audio file posted on the former Vice Presidential aide's Facebook profile, the soldiers - or security operatives - that descended on his home claimed to be acting on the instructions of the presidential Chief of Staff, Madam Frema Osei Opare's instructions.
Asked if they possessed a warrant or an inventory, all the men could produce was a laminated copy of the Presidential Chief of Staff's letter.
"I asked him whether they had a search warrant [but] he replied in the negative. I asked by what authority then were they searching for the cars and he produced a laminated copy of the letter written by the Chief of Staff. I explained that that could not be a substitute for a search warrant; it did not operate as a search warrant."
Pay Attention: Get all the latest news on yen.com.gh
Mr. Agyenim-Boateng eventually let the men into his residence particularly since, according to him, "I was a law-abiding citizen and I wasn’t keeping any missing vehicle and did not have any stolen vehicle in my custody".
Administrator General, Mr. David Yaro, is on record to have said that his department - which is reported to have been understaffed and under-resourced - did not take an inventory of the state vehicles as of the time the Mahama led administration handed over the reigns of government to the Nana Akufo Addo led government.
“No we didn’t,” he said, in response to the question whether an inventory had been taken, "“We have made sure that these are captured in the handing over notes and the handing over notes were discussed with the incoming and outgoing ministers of state and they agreed.