The finance minister, Ken Ofori Attah, has delivered the 2017 budget to parliament, saying that it will boost the economy and create thousands of jobs for Ghanaians.
He announced the abolishing of seven taxes as part of move to reduce the cost of doing business in Ghana.
1. Abolishing the 1% special import levy
2. Abolishing of market tolls for Kayayei
3. Abolishing of the 17.5% VAT/NHIL on financial services
4. Abolishing 17.5% VAT/NHIL on domestic airline tickets
5. Abolishing 5% VAT/NHIL on real estate sales
6. Abolish import levies on spare parts
7. Replace 17.5% VAT/NHIL with 3% flat rate for traders
Here are the seven funniest reactions to the tax cuts.
1. Jollof Tax
2. Brazillian hair tax
4. Bride price tax?
Share your thoughts on this with us in the comments section.