The arch rivalry between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi has taken a notch further to the list of those who earn the fastest £1million.
The Real Madrid striker who dusted his Barcelona counterpart to win the 2016 Ballon d’Or tops the list of sports personalities who earn the huge amount in record time
It takes Ronaldo just 45 working hours – that is 5.68 days – to reach the seven-figure mark, while it takes Lionel Messi who is second about 5.96.
According to stats by Expertmarket.co.uk, Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale is the third footballer on the list but in the ninth place on 12.77 days.
Britain’s ex-Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton is fourth on 7.57.
Manchester United duo of Wayne Rooney and Bastian Schweinsteiger also make it to the top 15.
See list below:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo 5.68 days
2. Lionel Messi 5.98 days
3. Baltimore Ravens’ gridiron star Joe Flacco 7.23 days
4. Lewis Hamilton 7.57 days
5. Sebastian Vettel 7.96 days
6. New York Giants’ gridiron player Eli Manning 8.60 days
7. Floyd Mayweather 9.93 days
8. Baseball’s Ryan Howard 12.72 days
9. Gareth Bale 12.77 days
10. Cleveland Cavaliers’ basketball star LeBron James 13.71 days