- Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo currently holds the record of the highest goal scorer in the Champions League.
- The 32-year-old scored a hattrick against Bayern Munich on 18 April, 2017 to surpass his own record at the Bernabeu
- The Portuguese international increased his tally to 103 goals after the hat-trick at the Champions League quarterfinals
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo recently broke his own record on 18 April, 2017 against Bayern Munich with a hattrick at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium.
The Portuguese international has now scored 103 Champions League goals beating his previous record(100) which he set against Bayern Munich in their first-leg encounter on 12 April, 2017.
YEN.com.gh has compiled the list of the world records broken by the Portuguese star.
1. The most expensive footballer in history: 2009–2013.
2. Top goalscorer in the history of FIFA Club World Cup: 5 goals (shared with Lionel Messi, César Delgado and Luis Suárez).
3. Most international goals in a calendar year: 25 (in 2013, shared with Vivian Woodward and Lionel Messi).
4. First footballer to reach 40 goals in a professional league for two consecutive seasons.
5. Only player to score in every minute of an official football game.
READ ALSO: GFA president elected CAF Vice Chair
6. Only player to win the League title, Domestic Cup, Domestic Supercup, Champions League, Club World Cup, League Player of the Year, Golden Shoe and Ballon d'Or at two different clubs (Manchester United and Real Madrid)
7. Most appearances in the FIFPro World XI: 9 times (2007–2015) (shared with Lionel Messi).
8. First and only player to appear in the FIFPro World XI for two different clubs.
9. Only player to have won more than one FIFA Club World Cup Silver Ball.
10. Only player in the world who has scored in the 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016 editions of the European Championship; and in the 2006, 2010 and 2014 editions of the World Cup.
Watch the Nigerian Super Eagles as they prepare for the 2018 World Cup qualifiers.