- Brother of the former president Mahama says his company has paid in full all monies owed SSNIT
- Ibrahim Mahama’s construction company is facing legal action over the non-payment of workers social security contributions
- The amount is the contribution of employees of the company between February and July 2015, June to August 2016 and October 2016
Engineers and Planners, the company owned by Ibrahim Mahama says it has settled the over GHc 2 million indebtedness owed Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) as of April,28,2017.
Over the weekend SSNIT revealed that E&P has defaulted in paying the contribution of its employees.
But in statement issued by the company [E&P], it said it had fulfilled in full satisfaction of all outstanding arrears and penalties
“As at 28th April 2017, E&P had made a total payment of over GHc 2 million (GHc2,723,212.36) in full satisfaction of all outstanding arrears and penalties”.
Read below the statement as issued by Engineers &Planners
ENGINEERS & PLANNERS HAS SETTLED SSNIT CONTRIBUTIONS
• On 22nd December 2016, SSNIT entered into a negotiated agreement with Engineers and Planners as it does with all clients for the payment of arrears of social security contributions of GHc1,601,051.78.
• By the terms of the agreement, E&P were required to make 12 monthly instalments commencing February 2017 ending in January 2018.
• As at 28th April 2017, E&P had made a total payment of over GHc 2 million (GHc2,723,212.36) in full satisfaction of all outstanding arrears and penalties.
• JUST TWO DAYS DELAYED PAYMENT – On March 2 2017, SSNIT wrote to E&P to serve notice that it had abrogated the negotiated agreement due to the failure of the company to make the instalment payment for February 2017, as a result of two (2) days of delay in paying the first instalment.
• E&P informed SSNIT that it had made efforts to make the payments for February as agreed but for unexpected delays in their receivables on current contracts and convincingly committed to paying. A promise it has fulfilled.
• E&P further made a request for SSNIT to reconsider its decision to abrogate the negotiated agreement. SSNIT declined the request.
• Instead, on 13th April 2017, a summons was issued to E&P to appear before the District Court on 29th April 2017 to answer a complaint of failing to pay SSNIT contributions of GHc668,754.75 and penalty of GHc387,709.31 totalling GHc1,056,464.06.
• Once again it is worth noting that, E&P has paid over GHc 2 million (GHc2,723,212.36) in full satisfaction of all outstanding arrears and penalties.
• Counsel for Engineers and Planners has informed the court that the company has fully paid off the outstanding amounts due SSNIT.
Share your views on this with us in the comments section below.
Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send them to us on Facebook or contact us via email@example.com