NPP should forget about Savelugu seat in 2020- Angry constituents declare

NPP should forget about Savelugu seat in 2020- Angry constituents declare

- NPP supporters in the Savelugu municipality had been protesting against the newly appointed MCE for the area

- Efforts to reach a comprise between them and the government to end the chaos have proved futile

- The constituents have declared they no longer support the NPP

YEN.com.gh brings you the latest news in Ghana.

The New Patriotic Party Youth supporters in the Savelugu/Nanton district have said they will no longer be members and advocates for the party.

NPP should forget about Savelugu seat in 2020- Angry constituents declare

Minister of State, Bryan Acheampong meeting with the constituents. Photo credit: 3news.com

READ ALSO: Woyome to appear before court on June 29

Their decision follows the aggressive protests mounted against the appointed Municipal Chief Executive of the area, Hajia Ayishetu Seidu.

The NPP youth's decision was announced at a meeting with a government delegation led by the Minister of State for National Security, Bryan Acheampong.

The minister had tried to persuade the irate party supporters to understand the president's position, as revoking the MCE's appointment could set off a chain reaction in other constituents, which would lead to even more unnecessary protests.

However, this address by the minister caused the supporters to explode in anger, refusing to acknowledge the minister's words.

PAY ATTENTION: Get all the latest news on the go with the YEN.com.gh app right here

According to a 3news.com report, the supporters fumed that they would not accept the president's stance on the matter, hence their decision to denounce the party.

The leader of the angry constituents, Alhaji Mohammed Muftawu told the minister they would not work with the appointed MCE regardless of the president's statements.

He also informed the minister that they would no longer support the NPP, and had asked their Member of Parliament to handover the symbol and flag of the party to the president.

"If the president is ready to replace the new MCE with one person then fine he can but we will not be part of NPP. As for the woman, even the security can stop protecting her because we will not hurt her but NPP should forget this seat in 2020. Already, the seat belonged to the NDC and we worked hard to snatch it so we will give it back to them in the next election," Alhaji Muftaw said.

READ ALSO: Major Mahama's wife writes an emotional Father's Day message

Want to be featured on YEN.com.gh? Share your stories, photos or videos via our email at info@yen.com.gh or find us on Facebook.

Source: Yen.com.gh

Related news
Ebony’s new look; lyrics in latest song/video will leave you speechless

Ebony’s new look; lyrics in latest song/video will leave you speechless

Ebony’s new look; lyrics in latest song/video will leave you speechless
YEN.com.gh
Mailfire view pixel