Sub–chief's son flees after stabbing man to death

Sub–chief's son flees after stabbing man to death

- The arguement between the accused and the deceased started at a mini bar

- They were separated, but the suspect followed the deceased and stabbed him several times

- The suspect has since fled, and the police have mounted a search for him

Get all the latest news on

An argument between two men at a drinking spot has led to the death of one.

Sub–chief's son flees after stabbing man to death

Tahidu Abdul Razak (middle), the DCE of Chereponi

It developed into a heated verbal exchange, which resulted in one stabbing the other.

The police in Chereponi, a district in the northern region are searching for the suspect, Ibrahim Kofi, who is reported to be the son of a sub – chief in the area.

Police at Chereponi in the Northern region are on a search for an unemployed son of a sub-chief, Ibrahim Kofi, who allegedly stabbed a man, Ibrahim, to death following a disagreement at a drinking spot Friday night.

READ ALSO: I will reveal how NPP won power - Ken Agyapong

The event has further worsened the state of affairs in the district, which is noted for political violence.

Information reaching YEN indicates that the suspect and the deceased engaged each other in a trade of insults and accusations at a mini bar; the reasons are currently unclear.

A crowd gathered at the scene of the exchange, but the owners of the bar sent them away and warned of consequences, should the act repeat itself.

The two were further asked not to return to the venue.

READ ALSO: Nana Addo off for an AU summit in Ethiopia

Witnesses at the scene of the quarrel posit that the two have had a previous clash of words, or a previous verbal exchange akin to the present one.

Sources say the heated words continued as they left the bar.

It is further alleged that Ibrahim, who was armed with a knife, followed Kofi, and stabbed him multiple times, leading to his death.

The suspect thereafter fled the scene.

READ ALSO: NPP sends powerful Republic day message

The Chereponi district police commander ASP Henry Amankwah confirmed the incident but declined offer details.

Consequently, the body of the deceased has been sent to the Tamale Teaching Hospital and the suspect has been declared wanted by police.

Tension is meanwhile escalating between the families of the two involved. The family of the deceased are determined to leave no stone unturned till the suspect faces the law.

A meeting summoned by Paramount Chief of Chereponi Saturday was forced to an end after family of the deceased refused to ceasefire.

Do you have any story to share with YEN? Get featured! We are available on Facebook and email via


Related news
Ghanaians give GHC 40,000 and food items for the upkeep of woman assaulted by policeman

Woman assaulted by policeman gets GHC40,000 in donations from Ghanaians

Woman assaulted by policeman gets GHC40,000 in donations from Ghanaians
Mailfire view pixel