We never sold contaminated fuel- NDC organizer defends past government

We never sold contaminated fuel- NDC organizer defends past government

- Kofi Adams has debunked claims that the NDC government also sold contaminated fuel to oil companies

- He said these claims are being purported by the NPP government to drag the NDC into their mess

YEN.com.gh brings you the latest news in Ghana

The National Organizer of the National Democratic Congress, Kofi Adams, has dismissed allegations that the erstwhile Mahama administration traded in contaminated fuel with other companies.

NDC never sold contaminated fuel- Kofi Adams

Kofi Adams

READ ALSO: Even my Chilean wife has to apply for a visa- Jon Benjamin

Mr. Adams who is also a former member of the BOST board, stated these claims were meant to bring the Mahama government’s image into repute, as the NPP wants to drag them into their mess.

The NDC organizer demanded President Akufo-Addo launched an investigation into the incident, adding the allegations being thrown at the NDC are part of ‘cover-up tactics’ by the ruling government.

Last week, it emerged that BOST had engaged in the sale of contaminated fuel to some oil companies, which would have cost the state about GHC 7 million in revenue.

It was reported BOST had at their premises, 5 million litres of an off-spec product, which is alleged to have resulted from an accidental discharge of gasoline into a diesel storage tank which already contained some diesel sometime in January 2017.

Some national stakeholders, including the Ashanti Regional chairman of the NPP have said the rot at BOST is due to the activities of the former director, Kwame Awuah-Darko.

According to a Peace FM report, the NPP chairman alleged that the former BOST director had cost the state about $300 million, and should be immediately investigated by the Bureau of National Investigation.

Meanwhile, the Energy Minister, Boakye Agyarko has dissolved the 8-member committee that was setup to probe the BOST issue.

NDC never sold contaminated fuel- Kofi Adams

Minister for Energy, Boakye Agyarko

The decision was taken as part of the directive by the Bureau of National Investigations and the National Security, who cleared the current director of BOST, Alfred Obeng Boateng of any malpractice.

According to their reports, Mr. Obeng Boateng could not be held responsible for the incident of the contaminated fuel, as he assumed office on January 23, 2017 while the transaction involving the fuel was conducted on January 18.

READ ALSO: Government officials are involved in illegal mining activities- Kwaku Boahen

Do you have a story to share? We are on Facebook! Or send us an email at info@yen.com.gh.

Related news

‘Feminist’ Lydia Forson slaps journalist Manasseh over ‘uncultured’ Rashida Black Beauty

‘Feminist’ Lydia Forson slaps journalist Manasseh over ‘uncultured’ Rashida Black Beauty

‘Feminist’ Lydia Forson slaps Manasseh Azure over ‘uncultured’ Rashida Black Beauty
YEN.com.gh
Mailfire view pixel