National Service personnel posted to various parts of the country; service to commence in a few months

National Service personnel posted to various parts of the country; service to commence in a few months

-The National Service Secretariat has deployed over 91,000 graduates who graduated recently

-The deployment forms part of the mandatory 1-year service expected to be rendered by the graduates

-They Service Personnel will spread across various public and private sectors in the country

Click here for all the latest news in Ghana

The National Service Scheme postings for the 2017/2018 period have been released by the Secretariat. The postings would place tertiary graduates into various private and public institutions to offer service to the country for a one-year period.

National Service postings released; service to commence September 1

National Service Scheme

Speaking at a press conference to announce the fresh postings, the acting Executive Director of the Scheme, Ussif Mustapha said that this year, about 91,871 graduates have been deployed to various parts of the country to offer mandatory service for the nation.

He added that the Secretariat was going to ensure that this years’ service personnel go through a seamless registration process and can start their duties in earnest. He said that all personnel would be given enough time to register and sort out all transportation and accommodation issues prior to the commencement of their contribution to national development as service personnel.

READ ALSO: Okudzeto Ablakwa descends on critics on his reported wealth and properties

He announced that a biometric registration exercise was going to be carried out by all the district offices of the secretariat between 17th July and 17th August, 2017. He said if everything goes according to plan, the personnel would be expected to begin their service on September 1st this year.

Giving a breakdown of the statistics as to how the National Service Personnel were going to be deployed to all sectors, the acting Executive Director revealed that about 76,908 (85%) of the service personnel deployed would serve in the public sector while the remaining 14,963 (15%) have been posted to the private sector.

READ ALSO: Ghanaians in the diaspora will vote- President Akufo-Addo

He also added that about 2,170 of the personnel will be deployed to serve in various agriculture-related positions as part of President Akufo-Addo’s ‘Planting for food and jobs’ program which he mentioned during his campaign.

YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident?

Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?

Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook Facebook page, or contact us via info@yen.com.gh

Source: Yen.com.gh

Related news
City of Chicago “blesses” Dr. Paa Kwesi Nduom with $20 million

City of Chicago “blesses” Dr. Paa Kwesi Nduom with $20 million

City of Chicago “blesses” Dr. Paa Kwesi Nduom with $20 million
YEN.com.gh
Mailfire view pixel