Ghana has seen the rise of many artistes in the entertainment industry. Some of these acts became overnight sensations and had their songs on the lips of all Ghanaians including sections of the young and old.
Click here for all the latest arts and entertainment news in Ghana
Some of these acts became so widely sought after that they gained prominence and with the prominence came a lot of wealth. These popular artistes rose to their highest pedestals and shone for the country.
However, the tables have turned. The artistes who used to shine back in the day could not keep up their act and as a result, have lost their shine, stardom and their numbers in terms of amount they receive for shows are fast dropping.
Here are a list of Ghanaian celebrities who have lost their prominent stake in the entertainment industry:
1. Samini, former called Batman and also Batman Samini rose to the limelight with hit songs. Famous among his popular songs was "Linda".
2. Tinny was one of Ghana's amazing Ga rappers. His hit song, "Makola kwakwe" was song by many people.
3. Tic Tac dominated the music scene with his famous song, "Philomina".
4. Irene Logan was one of the contestants of Reality TV show, "Stars of the Future". She was on the rise with Efya.
5. Asem became an instant sensation and his name was on the lips of many Ghanaians due to the way he branded it to become his signature.
6. Kofi Nti was one of Ghana's prodigys on the local music scene.
7. Eugene, also known as Choirmaster of Praye fame was a member of the musical trio until he decided to part ways with the group
8. Ofori Amponsah was known as one of Ghana's lover boys with his amzing local love-themed songs.
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident?
Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook Facebook page, or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org