- The professor died together with his spouse and two children aged 8 and 17 after an inferno extinguished their residence
- The 64-year old was also a lecturer with a local university in Kazakhstan
- His classmate broke the tragic news on social media
A professor from Nigeria, his wife and two children have met a cruel death miles away from home.
The urological surgeon identified as Elijah Oladunni Kehinde and his kin reportedly died after fire razed down their residence in Kazakhstan's capital Astana.
According to Kehinde's former classmate and close family friend Emmanuel Fashakin , the fire is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault, and the inferno ravaged the entire house despite presence of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
Fashakin took to Social Media to share the devastating news, mourning the university lecturer: "He was a good man and accepted the challenge of setting up a top rate Medical School in Kazakhstan."
Kehinde's colleagues at Nazarbayev University lauded him as an astute and seasoned researcher who discharged his duties diligently and zealously.
Watch related video: