- Charlotte Osei has been asked to step aside following allegations of corruption by a group of workers
- Parliament will be posing these possible questions to her following this controversy
Head of the electoral commission, Charlotte Osei, will be facing parliament to day amidst various calls on her to step aside due to allegations of fraud in the commission.
So far, the electoral commission is feared to have come under public critisicm following the allegations and aspersions that all deputy commissioners including the EC boss herself keep spewing at each other.
It all happened when an unknown group petitioned the president to inpeach Charlotte Osei following claims of curroption which they laide out in a 29 page document. But even as Charlotte Osei faces parliament, YEN can gather that these questions are likely to be posed her regarding her commission.
1. Dont you think the image of the EC has been tarnished following your backlash and what are you doing about it? This question is expected to see Charlotte Osei lay out the clear organisational steps through which she is responding to the said allegations and also how these backlash among commissioners can be resolved.
2. You have alleged or claimed that some votes were illegally transferred by one of your deputy commissioners, when did you get to know this and what were or are you doing about this? This tough question about the 2016 elections could see the EC boss explain whether or not there was indeed a transfer of votes during the elections.
3. Following what had just happened under your watch are we to be assured that you can still hold the forte as EC boss? This will be the golden opportunity for Charlotte Osei to defend herself further and regain the trust of Ghanaians.
4. What is or are the cause of these animosity between yourself and your deputy commissioners? Charlotte Osei is then expected to make a clear revelation on the state of her relationship with all workers and commissioners of the EC.
5. How were funds generated from the replacement of voter ID cards and sale of media accreditation cards ahead of 2016 elections spent? Once again, the EC boss will have the opportunity to explain how much of these funds she actually spent during and after the 2016 elections.
Stay with YEN.com.gh for more updates on what exactly happens in parliament today.
Do you have any story to share with YEN? Get featured! We are available on Facebook and email via email@example.com