- Former Deputy Power Minister, John Jinapor was visited by National Security Personnel on Friday
- They reportedly detained him for two hours as they searched his home for evidence over the 2015 AMERI deal
The home of the former Deputy Minister of Power, John Jinapor has reportedly been raided on Friday morning, by National Security and Police Service personnel.
The raid is suspected to be linked to the controversial 2015 AMERI power deal.
Citifmonline.com reported that the former minister who is also the Member of Parliament for Yapei Kusawgu, was detained for close to two hours while on his way to parliament.
Two of the reported five security personnel wielded AK-47 rifles, and raided the MP’s home in search of documents relating to the AMERI deal.
This search at Mr. Jinapor’s home follows the raid that happened earlier this week at the former Minister of Power, Kwabena Donkor’s residence.
Personnel from the Criminal Investigations Department stormed the former minister’s house with a search warrant, to find evidence that proves he caused financial loss to the state in the AMERI deal.
“They showed me a warrant obtained from a circuit court and said I was a suspect for having caused financial loss to the state and so they should come and search my premises, retrieve my laptop and other electronic devices.
The officers were very professional and they were here for about 2 hours. I said I have nothing to hide so they should go ahead. They searched the whole house. They took away my laptop and some pen drives,” Mr. Donkor narrated in a Citi News interview.
Want to be featured on YEN.com.gh? Send us an email with your stories, photos or videos to email@example.com or contact us via our Facebook page.