- Presidential Deputy Chief of Staff Abu Jinapor has denied allegations that he interfered with a contract awarding process for the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital
- He says he would never do such a thing, and that he's "not that stupid"
- His comments come after the leaking of a shocking tape between Kwame A Plus and a high ranking police officer
Deputy Chief of Staff at the Flagstaff House, Mr. Samuel Abu Jinapor, has broken his silence concerning corruption allegations levelled against himself and fellow Deputy Chief of Staff, Francis Asenso Boakye by fellow NPP member, Kwame A Plus.
Following the leak of an audio recording of a phone call believed to be between Kwame A Plus - born Kwame Asare Obeng - and a high ranking police official believed to be ACP Maame Tiwaa Addo-Danquah, many have questioned whether the two Deputy Chief of staffs embroiled in corruption allegations are as innocent as a recent CID report claims they were.
Though the CID report signed by CID Director, COP Bright Oduro, referred to Kwame A Plus' allegations as "baseless", the leaked audio casts serious doubt on the CID reports findings.
Pay Attention: Get all the latest news on YEN.com.gh
Now publicly responding to the leaked audio and the details therein, Deputy Chief of Staff Samuel Abu Jinapor has maintained that he's done no wrong with regards to allegations concerning Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, and - according to him - that the CID's investigations found the same.
Speaking on Joy FM Friday, September 29th, Mr. Jinapor stated that his "involvement" in the matter only had to do with placing a 01:30 second phone call to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Dr. Felix Anyah.
According to Mr. Jinapor, during his brief phone call with the Korle-Bu CEO, he barely breached the subject of the awarding of a contract.
"I’ll never do that. I’m not the best man of integrity in the world but my scruples are very really tight and I was brought up well and I will never do that and excuse my language, I’m not that stupid. I won’t do that. And it never happened and it couldn’t have happened." Said Mr. Jinapor, vehemently denying the allegations leveled against him.
Pay Attention: Get news whenever and wherever you go with YEN NEW
Speaking to Show host Kojo Yankson, Mr. Jinapor related that here was no question regarding the award of a contract. He added that there was a complaint that the process to select a bank to collect revenue for Korle-Bu was sole-sourced.
He also stated that if one was to question the Korle-Bu CEO, he wouldn't deny both the length of the conversation, and that the conversation didn't go beyond Dr. Anyah telling him that he'd call him [Jinapor] back to talk about it because he had been busy at the time.
“Both Mr Asenso-Boakye and myself are squeaky clean in this matter,” maintained Mr Jinapor.
Do you have any story to share with YEN? Get featured! We are available on Facebook