- A khebab seller has been linked to Saturday's gas explosion at Atomic Junction in Accra
- General manager of the burnt filling station believes the flammable nature of the khebab seller's job sparked the flames
Troubled manager of the burnt gas station, George Owusu, is blaming Saturday’s gas explosion on a khebab seller.
Speaking on the actual cause of the fire, the manager argued that the gas sparked into ghastly flames due to the risky positioning of a khebab seller just few metres away from the gas station.
According to him, he had warned all food vendors to vacate the premise following the leakage of the gas some days back but they refused to heed his warning.
“The time I came in, one of them told me that it was the khebab guy who caused the fire,” The manager alleged.
YEN.com.gh is yet to hear from the Ghana Fire Service over what or who may have triggered the explosion as efforts are still underway to investigate the entire disaster.
At least seven people have been confirmed dead with dozens injured in the Madina Atomic Junction gas explosion that occurred on Saturday night in Accra.Two of the deceased are said to have been knocked down by a speeding vehicle during the chaos.
Many statesmen and celebrities including past president John Mahama, Captain of the Black Stars Asamoah Gyan and Rapper M.anifest have all expressed their condolence to the bereaved families and sent their warm wishes to the burn victims.
Vice president Mahamudu Bawumia has paid a crucial visit to all victims of the tragedy as he has pledged of government's resolve to fully tackle the issues about the establishment of gas and filling stations at residential areas.
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident?
Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook page.