- Linda Agyemang disclosed that officials at the station had consistently ignored all the danger signs
- She added that she fled the scene as advised, when the explosion occured
A survivor of explosion that occurred on Saturday 7th October 2017, Linda Agyemang, has stated that gas leaks at the Mansco Gas Filling Station site was a normal occurrence.
READ ALSO: Samini is not my type - Stephanie Benson
She revealed that people who plied their trade almost always noticed the leaks anytime the officials offloaded new products for sale.
She added that the gas filling has continued the practice for so long that it became a normal occurrence. Therefore it was never taken seriously until the explosion occurred.
Linda went on to say that when the news of the incident reached her, she heeded to the advice to run from the station. “We thought the world was coming to an end”, she added.
The unfortunate incident reportedly claimed the lives of 7 persons.
An estimated 132 others suffered different injuries.
Want to be featured on YEN.com.gh? Send us a message on our Facebook page with your stories, photos or videos