Another gas explosion has occurred at Mankessim in the Central region of Ghana. A bakery was destroyed following Wednesday dawn’s gas explosion.
Eyewitness report indicates there was no injury or death recorded.
The eyewitness further told YEN.com.gh that the Ghana National Fires Service reported to the accident scene on time, thus averting any carnage.
The firemen said the fire was caused by a leaking gas in the room. They noted that the fire 4:30am when a worker wanted to light one of the cylinders to begin the day’s bread production.
She noticed the fire and raised an alarm which resulted in a distress call to the fire service who were stationed some 300 meters away from the incident site.
All the equipment used for the production of bread were burnt to ashes, an eyewitness told Starr News.
The explosion comes a day after the Municipal Chief Executive of Mankessim ordered the closure of some fuel stations in the area.
In the last three years, the country has witnessed at least eight (8) explosions at gas filling stations while the content was being dislodged with the most recent occurring Saturday night at the Atomic Junction on the Haatso-Atomic road located between Legon and Madina.