- Diego Costa has been told to train away from the first team at Atletico Madrid
- The former Chelsea striker reacted angrily to this
- Costa will not play for his new side Atletico until January 2018 following Atleti's transfer ban
Former Chelsea striker Diego Costa has reacted angrily at Atletico Madrid training today, October 11, 2017 after being told to work away from the rest of the first team.
The Spanish striker, who has finally secured his dream move back to Atletico from Chelsea after going on a self-imposed strike, was back to his moody best in Majadahonda.
He was told to go through some solo drills, but was clearly unhappy with this, gesticulating with his hands at the coaching team.
As he trudged away, he booted some balls away as he prepared for some speed work.
His mood however changed as he looked a little happier as he shook hands with some of the youth team who had been asked to train with the elite squad.
Costa,29, cannot play for his new club until January when Atleti's transfer embargo would have been lifted.
But he still looked in fine shape having worked on his own training methods whilst AWOL in Brazil over the summer.
Costa had hoped to make his return to Atletico this summer, but his plans were dashed when Fifa upheld the La Liga side's transfer ban.
Watch related video: