- Gas leakage has been reported at Marwako restaurant in Accra
- Fire service personnel have rushed to the scene to kill a possible explosion
Tensions are high at the La branch of the Marwako restaurant in Accra following a gas leakage at the kitchen of the restaurant.
Eyewitness reports do indicate that staff of offices across the restaurant are making their way out of the restaurant as they fear of a possible explosion following the ghastly event at the Atomic Junction in Accra.
YEN.com.gh is gathering that fire officers have been rushed to the scene as workers of Total and Goil filling stations have also been evacuated as a matter of urgency as the gas is being smelt on the La, Tema main roads.
Officials of the Ghana Fire Service say the situation has been fully resolved and that the concentration of the the gas being smelt in the air is low for a possible ignition.
So far, officials of the restaurant have shut down temporarily as they help the fire service with investigations.
Meanwhile, the recent gas leakage at the Marwako restaurant in Accra follows recent measures by government employ strict safety regulations across all filling stations in the country.
Top of these regulations is the gas cylinder re-circulation which will see consumers of LPG exchange their empty cylinders with filled ones under a fee.
This move has seen some operators of LPG stations protest against the move saying that such a policy would see the massive loss of jobs and also not be favourable to the lower class.
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident?
Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook page.