Popular hip life artiste, Guru, has revealed that a close friend of his once attempted to end his life.
Get the latest news on www.yen.com.gh
According to him, he unsuspectingly consumed poisoned food given to him by the friend.
He added that it never dawned on him that he had ingested poison till he began to feel as he prepared to perform on stage.
Guru indicated that the effect of the poison was lumps in his throat, as well as difficulty in singing and talking.
He again stated that it only dawned on him he had been poisoned when he realized strange sensations in his voice and stomach.
“I did all the check-ups in the world and doctors were even amazed because they couldn’t find anything in my throat…”
He went on to say that but for the intervention of a man of God, he could have been dead by now.
He credits his family for being supportive over the years, as well as doing all they can to find a solution to his predicament.
Guru also mentioned that it took the efforts the pastor to rid his body of strange objects.
He is however reluctant to mention the name of the person he suspects, adding that he is yet to confront him.
“I won’t mention the name but the person knows himself”, he added.
Want to be featured on YEN.com.gh?
Send us a message on our Facebook page with your stories, photos or videos