Scent is one of the strongest senses in human beings, and with the right fragrance, you can make a bold statement that will never be forgotten. For this reason, many people believe that a good cologne should have a good fragrance because it is an extension of your personality. In addition, many spend hundreds of dollars on the most expensive cologne to create a long-lasting impression.
New feature: Check out news exactly for YOU ➡️ find “Recommended for you” block and enjoy!
The most expensive cologne carries high price tags thanks to the ingredients used in their making. Most designer brands only use the rarest and highest quality ingredients to create a masterpiece. In addition, they use higher concentration of pure oils to ensure that the scent lasts longer.
Most expensive cologne
Are you looking for the longest-lasting impression on that special person or your loved ones? How about a unique cologne? When you invest a good sum of money into the most expensive cologne, you will set yourself apart with a scent of your own. Here is a list of the top 10 colognes with the highest price tags.
1. Clive Christian’s Imperial Majesty Perfume for Men
PAY ATTENTION: Enjoy reading our stories? Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel for more!
This is the most expensive cologne for men in the world. It was first released in 2006 with only 10 bottles manufactured. It has a diamond-laden bottle that makes the price go even higher. In addition, the bottle is made of 5 carats of white diamond.
The high price tag on this perfume is as a result of the rare and high-quality ingredients used in its making. Some of these fine ingredients are tonka beans and cedarwood. The cologne costs a whopping $435,000 per 16.09oz bottle.
2. Clive Christian No. 1
This is the most expensive cologne that is commercially available. The diamond-laden bottle of fragrance was created through the collaboration between Clive Christian and jeweller Baccarat. A bottle of the perfume goes for $2,150.
People who have used this cologne regard it for its delicious and long-lasting scent. The fragrance invokes:
- Top notes of citrus
- Middle floral notes
- Base notes of musk and cedar
3. Creed Aventus
This one of the most expensive men's cologne in the world. The cologne symbolizes strength, power and success making men’s favorite. Despite the high price tag, it has been the brand’s number one most-selling perfume.
The Creed Aventus Eau De Parfum notes are as follows:
- Top notes – Blackcurrant, apple, pineapple and bergamot
- Middle notes – Patchouli, Jupiter berries, jasmine and birch
- Base notes – Oakmoss, vanilla, musk and ambergris
The 16.9oz bottle will cost you around $1,055. Alternatively, you can purchase the 8.4oz bottle at $670.
4. Roja Parfums Musk Aoud Absolue Precieux
This is one of the finest perfumes by the high-end Bergdorf Goodman store. The bottle carries a fragrance from the rarest ingredients made by Roja Dove. Luxury meets sensuality is what you are expected to meet with the fragrance.
The Roja Parfums Musk Aoud Absolue Precieux bears the following notes:
- Top notes – Bergamot and lemon
- Middle notes – Rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang
- Base notes – Intensive mix of vanilla, nutmeg and musk
The cologne goes for $1,050 per oz.
5. Caron Poivre for Men
This is not only one of the most expensive colognes in the world, but it also carries a rich and exciting background. Initially, it was created and marketed for women. However, due to its unique personality aroma, most men were drawn towards it.
The bottle is made of white gold and has several high-quality ingredients from different parts of the world. The three major notes experienced from this scent are the seemingly odd portions of hot, spicy and peppery. One oz bottle of this perfume goes for $1,000.
6. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Forte Eau de Parfum
Tom Ford is famous for some of the most expensive colognes in the world. However, the Neroli Portofino perfume is one of the highest-priced ones. The bottle has an evergreen colour with a gold band and plate that makes it simple yet classy.
On the inside of the bottle is a bold and vibrant scent. The fragrance is made of a blend of the following:
- Smooth leather
- Coastal Italian woods
A combination of the above elements offers a deep exhilarating scent for men. The price of an 8.4oz bottle goes for $860.
7. Bond No. 9 New York
If you are looking to awaken your senses of smell with a burst of city-style energy, the Bond No.9 New York should be your go-to cologne. Apart from the sweet fragrance, the perfume comes in a fine artwork bottle. It appears in a star shape covered in sparkling crystals.
The fragrance is a beautiful and unique blend of:
- Exotic flowers
- Fresh greens
The perfume is sold at Saks Fifth Avenue; thus, its price is a no-brainer. A 1.7oz bottle goes for $650.
8. Creed Spice and Wood
Creed is famous for not only some of the best perfumes but also some of the most expensive ones too. In particular, you can never go wrong with the Creed Spice and Wood considering that it is the second release in the Creed’s Royal Exclusives line.
The following notes makes it one of the best:
- Top notes – Apple, lemon, bergamot
- Middle notes – Pepper, Birch, Clove, Angelica, Patchouli
- Base notes – Cedar, Iris, Oakmoss, Musk
The 2.5oz bottle goes for around $545, while the 8.4oz bottle goes for $995.
9. Penhaligon’s The Tragedy of Lord George
Penhaligon’s The Tragedy of Lord George is one of the most expensive perfumes that is worth every dime. It offers a warm, masculine and confident scent which is what most men look for in a cologne. It combines various elements to give a unique sensation.
The fragrance notes are as follows:
- Top notes - Brandy
- Middle notes - Shaving soap
- Base tons - Tonka beans
The bottle features a golden deer head which stripes it away from the average luxury and jewel-ridden crystals to a more straightforward appearance. A 2.5oz bottle of the cologne goes for $533
10. Baccarat Rouge 540 Perfume
This is one of the most expensive perfumes in the world. It is a unisex scent created by Maison Francis Kurkdjian in a uniquely crafted bottle. It has a soft fragrance that will beautifully capture people’s attention without filling the entire room.
The beautiful scent is achieved with the following notes:
- Top notes – Saffron and Jasmine
- Middle notes – Amberwood and ambergris
- Base notes – Cedar and Fir Resin
The 6.80z bottle of Baccarat Rouge 540 cologne goes for $424.
Frequently asked questions
- What are the most expensive colognes for men? Some of the most expensive colognes for men are Clive Christian’s Imperial Majesty Perfume for Men, Roja Parfums Musk Aoud Absolue Precieux, and Creed Aventus.
- What cologne do rich guys wear? Penhaligon The Inimitable William Penhaligon is one of the colognes worn by rich guys.
- What is the highest quality cologne? There are numerous highest-quality colognes such as Chanel Bleu De Chanel Eau de Parfum and Maison Margiela 'Replica' by the Fireplace.
- which woman launched a brand of perfume called "truth"? It was launched by Stormy Daniel, an adult film actress.
- Is Truth Calvin Klein cologne for men? Yes, it is a romantic fragrance designed for men.
- What is the most expensive cologne? Clive Christian’s Imperial Majesty Perfume for Men is the most expensive perfume, priced at $435,000.
- Is buying expensive cologne worth it? For someone who has sensitivity issues, buying expensive perfume may be worth the cost. However, they don’t necessarily provide you with a more preferable scent.
The most expensive fragrance earns its price thanks to rare and pricey ingredients. In addition, luxury bottles made of crystal and gold also boost the price. Sometimes, these ultra-expensive colognes are widely available for sale. But other times, the world’s most expensive colognes are limited-edition and hard to find.
Yen.com.gh shared an article about the richest footballers in the world. Although weekly wages are the primary source of wealth for footballers, many of them make money from endorsements and other business interests. Many also receive wages playing for their countries.
Footballers' salaries have been on the rise in the past few years. Players' salaries are revised upwards as the sport grows both in the fanbase and revenue collection. This is why modern footballers are wealthier than the greats who plied their trade a couple of years ago.
New feature: Check out news exactly for YOU ➡️ find "Recommended for you" block and enjoy!