- Portuguese-born tactician Jose Mourinho blasts former club Man United for lacking structure for modern football
- The 55-year-old was sacked by the Premier league side in December when it became clear he could not get the best out of his players
- While on Bein Sports show as an analyst, Mourinho reveals that some players are now bigger than the club
Jose Mourinho has lashed out at Manchester United barely one month after being sacked by the Premier League giants in December.
The Portuguese tactician, who reigned at Old Trafford for about two and a half seasons claims the Red Devils are not ready to play modern day football.
Making his appearances as a guest analyst on beIN Sports on Thursday for the Asian Cup games, the ex-Real Madrid handler expressed his displeasure with the club.
READ ALSO: Photos show Ronaldo and Floyd Mayweather excitedly celebrating Italian Super Cup victory
Mourinho and his United players won the Europa League and EFL Cup at the end of his first season at the club.
He also led the Red Devils armies to gain promotion back into the Champions League the following season but crashed out in the second round after losing to Sevilla in the round of 16.
However, the 55-year-old was unable to keep up healthy relationship with his stars as he had bust ups with Paul Pogba, and a few others in less than three years in charge.
Despite qualifying for the second round stage of this seasons UCL with one match to spare, Mourinho's men struggled in all other competitions.
The former Chelsea coach was sacked in mid-December following his side's 3-1 defeat to table toppers Liverpool at Anfield, a defeat the club chiefs consider disappointing.
However, below are the top five highlights of Mourinho's first interview after the sack:
1. Mourinho claims Man United are not ready for modern day football -
2. The 55-year-old says winning the treble with Inter Milan in 2010 is his greatest achievement to date
3. The Portuguese says he is too young to retire
4. He claims his second position with Man United last season is one of his best achievements in football
5. Mourinho insinuated that a player is more important than Man United in what is perceived as a thinly veiled attack on Paul Pogba
The 55-year-old has however been contacted by Inter Milan and Real Madrid for a move to take over at the clubs.
He is also not planning to take up another job according to reports until the end of the ongoing season.
READ ALSO: Kevin-Prince Boateng and Satta file for divorce after 3 years of marriage