Cristiano Ronaldo's £615k engagement ring to Rodriguez becomes most expensive for Wag
- Cristiano Ronaldo's £615k engagement ring to his lover Georgina Rodriguez has been ranked as the most expensive ring bought by any footballer
- Ronaldo is thought to have asked Georgina to marry him in 2018 and their wedding could hold soon
- The Juventus star and Georgina have two-year-old daughter Alana together and are raising his three other children
Cristiano Ronaldo's £615k engagement ring to his lover Georgina Rodriguez has been ranked as the most expensive by any football player.
According to a study by GamblingDeals and cited on The Sun, Ronaldo's £615,000 diamond ring which he bought for Rodriguez in 2018 still remains the most expensive piece.
Ronaldo is thought to have asked Georgina to marry him in 2018 and fans could hear the sound of the wedding bells soon as the Juventus star confirmed last year he'll eventually marry his fiancee.
He told Piers Morgan on ITV last year: "She helped me so much. Of course, I’m in love with her.
"We’ll be [married] one day, for sure. It’s my mum’s dream as well."
Georgina and Ronaldo have two-year-old daughter Alana together and are raising his three other children - surrogate twins Eva and Mateo, three, and ten-year-old Cristiano Jr.
Here are the top ten biggest engagement ring prices paid by football stars:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo to Georgina Rodriguez - £615,000
2. Jordan Pickford to Morgan Davison - £500,000
3. Ashley Cole to Cheryl - £275,000
4. Kyle Walker to Annie Kilner - £250,000
5. Wayne Rooney to Coleen - £250,000
6. Rio Ferdinand to Kate Wright - £250,000
7. John Terry to Toni - £250,000
8. Peter Crouch to Abbey Clancy - £200,000
9. Jack Wilshere to Andriani Michael - £180,000
10. Harry Kane to Katie Goodland - £180,000
Earlier, YEN.com.gh reported that Cristiano Ronaldo's brilliant free-kick against Sweden for his 100th goal in the colours of Portugal did not come as a surprise to his teammate Bruno Fernandes.
According to the Man United midfielder, Ronaldo had scored seven free-kicks in training before the game, and so it was only normal for him to score one against Sweden.
Ronaldo became the second player in history to score over a century international goals as his brace against Sweden took his tally to 101 goals for Portugal.
Iran legend Ali Daei owns the record for the most international goals as he has 109 strikes to his name but Ronaldo will now look to break this record.