- The FDA has blacklisted six drugs making the rounds in the market
- These drugs are feared to have the potential of killing consumers
The Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) has released the list of drugs currently on the market that have dire and deadly effects on consumers.
According to the FDA, all the enlisted drugs have been banned from marketing, sale and distribution hence the need for consumers to stay away from them or risk suffering severe health complications. These drugs include:
READ ALSO: I regret going after a ‘demon’ – Psalm Adjetefio
1. Rockman Capsules manufactured by Rockman Capsules Limited
2. Mars for men imported by Joe D. Ventures
3. Tinatett Be4 Be4 herbal capsules manufactured by Tinatett Herbal manufacturing and Marketing Co. Ltd
4. Angel Natural Capsules manufactured by Dependable Pharmacy Ltd
5. Laud P Capsules manufactured by Dependable Pharmacy Ltd
6. Laud P. Capsules manufactured by Stephen Gyan Herbal Centre
A statement signed by the the Chief Executive of FDA, Hudu Magtari, notes that all these drugs meant for male vitality and treatment of erectile dysfunction contain a poisonous chemical called Vardenafil, which has the potential of causing severe health complications like bleeding in the brain, heart attack, kidney disease, issues with sight and hearing.
“ The general public is therefore advised not to patronize the above-listed medicines,” the statement revealed.
The sale of “poisonous drugs” on the market remains one of the major challenges for the FDA especially when most of these off-the-counter drugs don’t have the right approval from the FDA.
Meanwhile YEN.com.gh has released a video tribute to Ebony and you can watch below:
YEN.com.gh is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other.
Witnessing an incident? Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Message us on Facebook now