The vice president, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, has listed major achievements chalked by the Akufo-Addo-led administration during its first two years in office.
Bawumia observed that these achievements within the two years had been as a result of hard but fruitful work for the people of Ghana.
The vice president said in a Facebook post that it had been an honour for him to serve as Ghana in the last two years.
Below are the achievements of the NPP government over the last two years:
READ ALSO: Nigerians mock Shatta Wale over 'cocky' look at Thanksgiving Concert (Photo)
1. Free SHS.
2. Restoration of teacher training allowances.
3. Restoration of nursing training allowances.
4. Establishment of a Zongo Development Fund.
5. Renewed focus on agriculture through the Planting For Food and Jobs program.
6. National ID Cards
7. National Property Digital Address System.
8. Digitization of the clearance of goods at the ports through paperless ports.
9. Establishment of three Development Authorities (Northern, Middle Belt and Coastal)
10. One District One Factory program
READ ALSO: Young man kills father over bowl of soup
11. One Village One Dam program
12. One District One Warehouse program and we are delivering
13. Implementation of Nation Builders Corps program
14. Implementation of a National Entrepreneurship and Innovation Program.
15. Rehabilitation of VALCO to resume operations
16. We promised to leverage our natural resources to obtain a $2 billion innovative infrastructure financing arrangement with Sinohydro and we have delivered
17. Establishment of integrated bauxite and aluminium industry
18. Implementation of mobile money interoperability
19. Reduction of electricity prices
20. Reduction of hardship in obtaining a driver’s license
READ ALSO: NDC Hohoe clamouring for me as MP – Dumelo
21. Reduction of the hardship in obtaining a passport
22. Reduction of the hardships in renewing the national health insurance
23. Establishment Office of the Special Prosecutor on Corruption
24 Revival of Ghana’s railways
25. Transparent allocation of Ghana’s oil blocs
26. Reversal of the trend of declining economic growth
27. Restoration of discipline in the management of our public finances.
28. A fiscal Responsibility Act was passed
29. Establishment of a Fiscal Council
30. Establishment of a Financial Stability Council
READ ALSO: Money Beast sprays millions of cash at Accra Mall (Video)
31. Reduction of inflation to single digits.
32. Reduction of interest rates.
33. Relatively stable exchange rate even in the midst of global volatilities
34. Reversal of Ghana’s trade position with the rest of the world from deficit to surplus.
35. Abolishment of 17 different taxes in two years.
36. Revival of the NHIS and clearance of the GHC1.2 billion arrears inherited under the NHIS.
37. Moved away from a predominance of sole sourcing to tendering in procurement
38. Regulated small scale mining activities
39. Reduction of the hardships of the disabled and increase the share of the DACF to persons with disabilities by 50%.
40. Double Capitation Grant
41. Creation of six new regions
READ ALSO: 2018 was too busy for me to get married - Delay
Ghana News Today: Samini Rocks Fans at Saminifest| #Yencomgh:
Click here to get the latest exciting English Premier League news. Get match highlights, reports, photos & videos all in one place