- Six drugs have been blacklisted by the FDA
- These herbal drugs have been found to contain substances meant for erectile dysfunction
- The FDA is warning that these drugs can cause damage to the body
The Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) has warned the public against the purchase of some six herbal drugs in the market.
Investigations by the FDA show that these herbal drugs have a secret ingredient that has deadly effects on consumers who buy them at the pharmacy. The ingredient, according to the FDA, is called Sildenafil and has the potential of treating erectile dysfunction.
The use of Sildenafil and other prescription-only-medicine, without the advice of a medical practitioner, may have serious and life-threatening health implications. All achievements on these products must cease with immediate effect, excerpts of a press release ordered. The list of drugs are as follows:
1. Vigoura Capsules, manufactured by Evergreen Healthcare Ghana Ltd.
2. Osompa Natural Capsules manufactured by Dr. Afari James, Osompa Herbal Centre
3. X Plus Men Power Bitter Syrup manufactured by New Global Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Accra
4. Anidaso Goodman Capsules manufactured by Dependable Pharmacy Ltd
5. Laud P. Capsules manufactured by Stephen Gyan Herbal Centre
6. Time Natural Capsules manufactured by Kenoga Company Ltd.
“If someone brings a product to FDA to register as a herbal medicine and then you go and put in something else for the product to appear in a different way outside the purpose for which it was registered then its a deception to the general public. We have immediately canceled the market authorization we have given these products so they have been banned,” James Lartey, PRO of the FDA stated in an interview with Starr FM.
Earlier on, the FDA had warned the public against the purchase os some other 6 drugs on the market.
All these enlisted drugs have been banned from marketing, sale, and distribution hence the need for consumers to stay away from them or risk suffering severe health complications.
1. Rockman Capsules manufactured by Rockman Capsules Limited
2. Mars for men imported by Joe D. Ventures
3. Tinattet Be4 Be4 herbal capsules manufactured by Tinatett Herbal manufacturing and Marketing Co. Ltd
4. Angel Natural Capsules manufactured by Dependable Pharmacy Ltd
5. Laud P Capsules manufactured by Dependable Pharmacy Ltd
6. Laud P. Capsules manufactured by Stephen Gyan Herbal Centre.
A statement signed by the the Chief Executive of FDA, Hudu Magtari, noted that all these drugs meant for male vitality and treatment of erectile dysfunction contain a poisonous chemical called Vardenafil, which has the potential of causing severe health complications like bleeding in the brain, heart attack, kidney disease, issues with sight and hearing.
Check out trending news on Dumelo's wedding, J.B. Danquah and many more: