Prince Harry arrives in Canada; new adventure with Meghan begins

Prince Harry arrives in Canada; new adventure with Meghan begins

- Prince Harry jetted in to join his wife Meghan Markle on Vancouver Island on Tuesday

- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex made the surprise decision to step down as senior royals recently

- The couple will spend their time between Canada and England, but it is understood that they will continue to earn the bulk of their income from Prince Charles' revenue from the Duchy of Cornwall

- Our Manifesto: This is what believes in

Much has been made of the controversial decision that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex made to step down as senior royals.

YEN reported on Prince Harry's sentiments at a charity dinner in the UK on Sunday.

Harry explained that the couple had hoped to serve the Queen, his military organisations and the Commonwealth without funding, but that it wasn't possible.

On Tuesday, he jetted onto Vancouver Island in Canada and joined his wife at their new home.

READ ALSO: 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Ghana face South Africa, Zimbabwe and Ethiopia

BBC News reported that the couple will live between their two residences in Canada and the UK.

Meghan and son Archie have been spending most of their time on the west coast of Canada since the Christmas holidays.

Meghan was photographed on Monday as she took Archie and their dogs for a walk at the local park.

READ ALSO: Smart Sudanese teens build robot to clean world's ocean of plastic waste

The Duke and Duchess stated that their aim is to become financially independent.

At the moment, 95% of their income is derived from Prince Charles' revenue received from the Duchy of Cornwall. understands that the couple will continue to enjoy this income, but will forego the remaining 5% that is made up of the taxpayer-funded Sovereign Grant.

Tiwa Savage's full performance at Detty 3 in Ghana | #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

READ ALSO: Catholic church terminates 30 marriages over fake birth certificates and deceits

Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.


Online view pixel