Rwanda announces total lockdown for 2 weeks over COVID-19

Rwanda announces total lockdown for 2 weeks over COVID-19

- The Rwandese government said unnecessary movements and visits outside homes will not be permitted

- Prime Minister Ngirente Edouard urged his fellow citizens to maintain a high level of discipline and vigilance so as to combat the pandemic

- At least 17 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Rwanda

Rwanda has announced total lock-down for two weeks over COVID-19 fears as cases of the pandemic continue to rise in the landlocked country.

The Rwandese government said unnecessary movements and visits outside homes will not be permitted.

Rwanda announces total lockdown for 2 weeks over COVID-19

Rwanda Prime Minister Edouard Ngirente gestures at a past meeting. Photo: Newtimes Rwanda.
Source: UGC

READ ALSO: Top Nigerian pastor E.A Adeboye reveals prophecy he had about coronavirus

In a statement on Saturday, March 21, Prime Minister Ngirente Edouard urged his fellow citizens to maintain a high level of discipline and vigilance so as to combat the pandemic.

"Observing the global trend of COVID-19 pandemic and considering the experiences of other countries, there is a clear need to take additional steps to ensure the disease does not spread further in Rwanda," part of hid statement read.
Rwanda announces total lockdown for 2 weeks over COVID-19

READ ALSO: Mahama cautions Akufo-Addo to fight coronavirus with plans and not just prayers

Rwanda further advised its people not to make unnecessary visits to banks bit rather use electronic payments and online banking services.

All employees with the exception of those performing critical roles were ordered to work from home as travelling between cities was prohibited.

READ ALSO: 3 new cases of COVID-19 hit Ghana; total active cases now 23 with 575 contacts tracing

The country also closed all shops, markets and bars with the exception of those selling food with restaurants and cafes asked to provide take away services instead.

Rwanda has confirmed at least 17 cases of COVID-19with fears the numbers could rise.

Six new cases were reported on Saturday, March 21.

The new cases included a 10-month-old baby whose father and mother have tested positive of the COVID-19 disease.

“Patients are being treated at the designated facilities. We are tracing for the contacts to take care of them in accordance with ministry of health instructions,” the Health Ministry said

Ghana has so far confirmed 21 cases of coronavirus with 1 death.

READ ALSO: Lady narrates how she slept and woke up in a bus with a male passenger's hand in her chest area

Faces of Ghana: A Mysterious Voice Speaks to Me When I'm Working - Engineer Explains | #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

READ ALSO: Ghana finally legalizes cannabis; details of 'limited' usage released

Have national and human interest issues to discuss?

Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?

Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.

Source: Yen.com.gh

Mailfire view pixel