The Bible is a holy book that Christians use to get to know more about their creator and what is expected of them as Christians. Apart from the bible being a holy book, it is also termed as a history book because it majorly talks about the events that happened in the past .Not everybody has the ability to master everything that the bible contains. However, there are several methods that people use in order to familiarize themselves with the bible. One of the methods used by Christian to master the bible is through bible quiz questions and answers, memory verses and many more. Mentioned below are some of the bible quiz questions and answers that will guide you through getting to know more about the Bible.
Bible quiz questions and answers for kids
There are numerous bible quiz questions and answers for kids that you could use during Sunday school sessions or at home to jog the memory of your young ones. Mentioned below are some of the easy bible quiz questions and answers you ought to know about.
1. Q. What type of birds did Noah send out of the Ark?
A. A Dove and a Raven.
2. Q. Who was the wife to Boaz?
3. Q. What was the profession of Zacchaeus?
A. He was a Tax Collector.
4. Q. What was Jesus’ first miracle?
A. He turned water into wine.
5. Q. Name the River that Jesus was baptized in.
A. River Jordan.
6. Q. What was the greatest gift of King Solomon?
7. Q. Joseph had a baby brother .What was his name?
8. Q. What was the name of the lady who found Moses in the river when he was a baby?
A. The daughter to Pharaoh.
9. Q. What was the name of Abraham’s nephew who he travelled with?
10. Q. Who were Cain and Abel’s Parents?
A. Eve and Adam
11. Q. How many brothers and sister did Joseph have?
A. Eleven brothers and one sister.
12. Q. How many books does the Bible have?
A. Old Testament has 39 books while the New Testament has 27 books. A total of 66 books in the Bible.
13. Q. Who was the second king of Israel?
14 Q. What sign did God give after the flood that proved that He will never destroy the earth with a flood?
A. The sigh was a Rainbow.
15. Where did Moses receive the Ten Commandments?
A. At Mt. Sinai.
16. Q. What happened to Lot’s wife when she got curious and looked at the destruction that was taking place in Sodom and Gomorrah?
A. She turned into a pillar of salt.
17. Q. Name the two Old Testament men who appeared with Jesus at the Mount of Transfiguration.
A. They were Moses and Elijah.
18. Q. How old was Abraham when Sarah gave birth to Isaac?
A. 100 years.
19. Q. Who betrayed Jesus?
A. Judas Iscariot.
20. Q. Who killed Goliath?
General Bible quiz questions and answers
There are several general bible quiz questions and answers for youth and adults that could help people know more about the bible. Here are some of the general bible quiz questions and answers that you could use to help you know more about the Bible.
1. Q. Who witnessed Elijah being taken up to Heaven?
2. Q. Who announced the birth of John the Baptist?
A. Angel Gabriel.
3. Q. At what age was David anointed the King of Israel?
A. At 30 years of age.
4. Q. At what age did Adam pass on?
A. 130 years.
5. Q. What task was Jacob given in order to marry Rachel?
A. He was to be a servant to Laban for fourteen years.
6. Q. How long was Jonah in the belly of the whale?
A. He spent three days and three nights.
7. Q. Name the longest name in the Bible.
8. Q. Name the first King of Israel.
9. Q. Who was David’s father?
10. Q. Name the instrument that Samson used to kill the a thousand Philistines at Lehi.
A. He used the jaw bone of an Ass.
11. Q. Who announced the birth of Zechariah?
A. Angel Gabriel.
12. Q. What is the name of the king of Israel who stayed on the throne for the shortest time and how long was it?
A. King Zimri stayed on the throne for seven days.
13. Q. What was the name of Abraham’s wife after the death of his first wife?
14. Q. How many sons did Adam and Eve have?
A. They had three sons namely :Cain , Abel and Seth
15. Q. How many people did Jesus feed using only five loaves of bread and two fishes?
A. 5000 people.
16. Q. At what age did Moses die?
A. 120 Years.
17. Q. What was the name of the city that was founded by Cain?
18. Q. Who was Jezebel’s husband?
19. Q. Name the two cities that were destroyed by God in Genesis.
A. Sodom and Gomorrah
20. Q. Who refused to bow down to Haman?
Bible quiz questions and answers with references
There are several bible quiz questions and answers with references that will guide you into knowing more about what the bible has to offer. Here are some of them.
1. Q. Name the last plague that attacked Egypt.
A. It was the death of the first born .(Exodus 12:29)
2. Q. What was the total number of apostles that Jesus chose?
A. 12. (Luke 6:13)
3. Q. Name the type of tree that Zacchaeus climbed so as to see Jesus as He entered Jericho.
A. He climbed a Sycamore Tree .(Luke 19 :1-4)
4. Q. Name the first king of Israel.
5. Q. What type of wood was used to design Noah’s Ark?
A. Gopher Wood (Genesis 6:14)
6. Q. Who in the Bible was spoken to by a donkey?
A. Balaam. (Numbers 22:22-35)
7. Q. Name the longest chapter in the bible.
A. Psalms 119 which has one hundred and seventy six verses.
8. Q. Who were the parents of Jacob and Esau?
A. Isaac and Rebecca. (Genesis 25:19)
9. Q. Name the shortest verse in the Bible.
A. (John 11:35) (Jesus wept )
10. Q. At what age was Adam when he passed away?
A. One hundred and thirty years .(Genesis 5:3)
11. Q. Where was Moses buried after he died?
A. He was put to rest in the land of Moab.(Deuteronomy 34:6)
12. Q. At what age was Noah during the flood?
A. He was 600 years old .(Genesis 4:6)
13. Q. At what age did Moses die?
A. 120 year s .(Deuteronomy 34:7)
14. Q. Who among Joseph’s brothers suggested that he is cast in a pit instead of being killed ?
A. Reuben. (Genesis 37:21-22)
15. Q. What was the name of the father to John the Baptist?
A. Zechariah. (Luke 1:13)
16. Q. Who were the three people who disobeyed king Nebuchadnezzar’s demands?
A. They were Shadrach , Meshach and Abednego .(Daniel 3:19)
17. Q. Name the fifth plague that attacked Egypt.
A. The death of animals. (Exodus 7-12 KJV)
18. Q. Who was the sister to Aaron and Moses in Exodus?
A. Miriam. (Exodus 15:20)
19. Q. Who was the king of Judah that was stricken with leprosy?
A. Uzziah. (2nd Kings 15:5)
20. Q. What was Noah‘s greatest achievement?
A. He built the first altar .(Genesis 8:20)
READ ALSO:Truth or dare questions for lovers
General knowledge Bible quiz questions and answers
This guide is going to give you a list of general knowledge bible quiz questions and answers that you ought to know about.
1. Q. Which is the light that rules the day according to the Bible?
2. Q. Why was man sent out of the Garden of Eden?
A. He ate the forbidden fruit.
3. Q. Name the first son of Adam and Eve.
4. Q. Where did Cain go after leaving Eden?
A. He left for the Land of Nod.
5. Q. Name the two wives of Lamech
A. Zillah and Adah
6. Q. Who was named the mother of Nations in the Bible?
7. Q. Name the first thing that was created by God
8. Q. What was the name of the boat that Noh built?
A. An Ark.
10. Q. On which day were plants created?
A. On the third day.
11. Q. Who was given the Ten Commandments by God?
12. Q. Who was given a coat of many colors by his father?
13. Q. Name the young boy who defeated Goliath.
14. Q. What was the name of Jesus’ father and what did he do for a living?
A. His name was Joseph and he was a carpenter.
15. Q. Mention the name of the sea that Jesus calmed the storm.
A. The Sea of Galilee.
16. Q. What is the other name for beatitudes?
A. The Sermon on the Mount.
17. Q. Who betrayed Jesus?
A. Judas Iscariot.
18. Q. Name the prophet who was swallowed by a fish.
19. Q. Moses had a brother .What was his name?
20. Q. Mention the fifth commandment.
A. Honor your father and mother.