Once in a while, it is good to test your IQ level, for example, by taking a smart questions quiz. Well, in some cases, some intelligent tests are more like riddles, where a little over-thinking is necessary. However, for these questions, you need not over-think. Even so, some creative thinking will go a long way.
Our emotions and behaviors are mostly affected by our intelligence levels. Do you know how smart you are? Or better yet, want to test someone’s intelligence and you are wondering the kind of smart questions to ask? Here is a list of them. Just try not to scroll down to the answer before giving it an attempt.
Smart questions and answers
1. What is always coming but never arrives?
Answer: Tomorrow. Have you ever heard of the saying, ‘tomorrow never comes’? Well, now, you know.
2. What goes up and down but always remains in the same place?
3. What is it that goes up but never comes down?
Answer: Age. Our ages always increase by number but never decrease.
4. What has a head and a tail but has no body?
Answer: A coin
5. What is it that lives if fed but dies if you give it a drink?
Answer: Fire. Think about it logically.
6. What breaks and never falls, and what falls and never breaks?
Answer: Daybreak and nightfall.
7. What can one catch that is not thrown?
Answer: A cold
8. A little girl kicks a soccer ball. It goes 10 feet and then comes back to her. How is this possible?
Answer: She kicked it up; hence, gravity brought it down back to her.
9. M is the father of N. However, N is not the son of M. How is that possible?
Answer: This is possible because N is a daughter instead.
10. If it took seven men eight hours to construct a wall, how long would it take nine men to build it?
Answer: It will take them no time at all, as the wall is already built.
11. An airplane crashed, and every single person on board perished. Two people, however, survived. How is this possible?
Answer: The keyword here is single. The survivors were married people.
12. How many times can you subtract ten from 200?
Answer: Just once. The next time you do that, you will be subtracting it from 190.
Really smart questions
Even more interesting than the 12 are you smart questions, are the following that will have you questioning how intelligent you are. If you get all these correct, it means that you are an intellectual. Check out the answers at the end of the questions.
- In a household with five sisters, all of them are busy. Joan is reading a book, Josephine is cooking, Liz is playing chess, and Mary is washing clothes. What is the fifth sister doing?
- Two men are playing chess. They have already played five games, and each has won three. How is this possible?
- Which tire does not move when a car turns left?
- I am not alive, but I have five fingers. What am I?
- We give life, and we kill. We are either fruit or poison, depending on your choice. What are we?
- Who makes moves while being sited?
- What flies when it is born, lies when it is alive and runs when it is dead?
- The more you take out of it, the bigger it becomes. What is it?
- I am always somewhere between the sky and the ground. I am always far in the distance, moving further if one attempts to come closer. What am I?
- What travels around the world staying in the same corner?
- I only exist when there is light, but direct light kills me. What am I?
All the best!
Answers to the questions
Did you write your answers down? Compare them to the correct one below.
- She is playing chess with Liz. Chess is a game of two.
- They are playing different opponents.
- The spare tire.
- A glove.
- A chess player.
- A snowflake.
- A pit.
- The horizon.
- A stamp
- A shadow.
The next time you are doing a game night or hanging out with your friends, you could challenge their thinking capacity by posing these smart questions. It should be a fun and interactive session since you have the correct answers to each of them. You can also do these types of quizzes by yourself to sharpen your thinking from time to time.