Africa World Airlines (AWA) is one of the most reliable private airlines in Ghana. Kotoka International Airport in Accra, Ghana, is its headquarters. AWA is a joint venture between SAS Finance Group, Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT), China-Africa Development Fund, and Hainan Airlines. Do you want to book a flight with AWA? Do you know how to complete Africa World Airlines booking or reservation?
The airline was incorporated on November 15, 2010. Then in March 2011, the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) gave AWA an Air Carrier License. If you have plans to visit Ghana and other regions in Africa, booking your plane ticket with Africa World Airlines would be a smart move.
Which are Africa World Airlines popular routes?
Some of the popular AWA routes are:
- Lagos to Accra
- Accra to Abuja
- Abuja to Accra
- Accra to Lagos
Africa World Airlines destinations
AWA has various domestic and international destinations in Africa. Some of them are:
- Tamale Airport in Tamale, Ghana
- Takoradi Airport in Takoradi, Ghana
- Kumasi Airport in Kumasi, Ghana
- Kotoka International Airport in Accra, Ghana
- Lungi International Airport in Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Roberts International Airport in Monrovia, Liberia
- Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, Nigeria
- Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, Nigeria
Africa World Airlines booking
How can a passenger make a flight reservation or booking? Before you take a flight, it is essential to book. Booking is usually valid for one week How do you make an AWA reservation?
- You can make a reservation by calling their hotline number 024 243 8888 or their call centre toll-free number 0800 200 200.
- Also, you can pay at any Zenith bank branch, MOMO at their call centre, sales offices company-wide and make your reservation.
- Alternatively, you can email them your reservation request through email@example.com. If you choose to use email, always remember to include some of the essential details which are:
- Name(s) of traveler(s)
- The desired route
- Your preferred date and time
- Your active mobile phone number and email address where the booking confirmation will be sent for check-in purposes.
Africa World Airlines online check-in
AWA has not yet offered an online platform where passengers can check in on their flights. However, the airline has plans to create one. For this reason, travellers should continue to check-in at the airport.
What are the check-in requirements?
Check-in for all travellers starts 2 hours from the scheduled departure time. It ends 40 minutes to departure time. Passengers who do not check-in within the stipulated time could be denied boarding. The check-in requirements are:
- Ghanaian residents should produce a valid national ID card
- Foreign residents should have a passport that identifies them for domestic flights
- A passport and a valid visa is required for regional flights
African World Airline flight schedule
It is important to remember that the AWA flight schedule is subject to change any time depending on the flights booked every week. Therefore, always use their flight status checker to see all flights that are available at the time you wish to travel. The table below is just an example of its schedule:
Africa World Airlines prices are friendly to all the passengers. AWA is also considered as one of the best domestic airlines in Ghana in terms of their services offered. You can choose one of the two available travel classes and enjoy the value of your money. These classes are:
- Economy class: The airline provides its passengers with wide and comfortable seating at a low cost. Guests are provided with hot beverages, and the buy-on-board services are also offered.
- Premium economy class: AWA passengers are provided with wide seats at the front. These guests receive priority boarding and check-in.
Africa World Airlines allows travellers to have one piece of cabin baggage and one smaller personal item. Some of these items are reading materials, small cameras, small handbags for women or men, small backpacks, and laptop bags.
Luggage should weigh at most 5 kilograms and should be able to fit in the seat in front of you. Checked baggage should weigh at most 20kg.
If your baggage exceeds their baggage allowance of 23kgs, you will be required to pay GH5.00 cedis per kilogram on all the domestic routes. On the regional routes, a passenger should pay USD3.00 per kilogram.
Africa World Airlines has been committed to offering the best services to its customers. This is evident in the awards it has been receiving through the years. Some of these awards are:
- Domestic Airline of the Year award
- Best Airline in West Africa award
- Best Passenger Experience award
Also, AWA received an award from Embraer for its reliability in data quality. It was also inducted into the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIMG) Hall of Fame after being nominated for five consecutive years as the 'Best Domestic Airline.'
READ ALSO: Starbow Airlines contact, login, recruitment
Africa World Airlines contact
AWA has gained a lot of popularity from the time it was incorporated. The airline offers the best customer care services, which is probably one of the main reasons behind its fame. If you want to inquire something, you can access them through the following contact details:
Head office (Accra)
- Address: SSNIT Emporium, Airport City Enclave
- Postal address: PMB CT 67
- City: Accra
- Region: Greater Accra
- Telephone:0302 764288
- Mobile:024 2438888
- Fax: 0302 763994
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.flyafricaworld.com
- Kumasi telephone number: 030-297-4918
- Tamale telephone number: 030-297-4919
Lagos airport office
- Airport ticketing office D wing
- Second-floor room 2030
- Telephone numbers: +2347043427132 or +2327043427130
READ ALSO: Most expensive private jets: top 30 (photos)
Abuja Airport office
- Airport ticketing office public concourse terminal C
- Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja
- Town Office 5 Usuma, close off Gana street
- Telephone numbers: +2349095580987 or +2349095580987 or +2349095580660
Abidjan office address
- AJ Aviation Imm. Trade Center, AV
- Nogues Plateau Abidjan
- Telephone number: +22575777777 or +22544807047
If you are interested in visiting Ghana and other African countries for business or recreational reasons, Africa World Airlines is there for you. Africa World Airlines booking and check-in process are not complicated at all. You can also contact the airline any time in case you have inquiries to make.
Yen.com.gh reported that all the passengers to Ghana are required to pay GH¢866, which is $150, to facilitate their test for COVID-19. Yaw Kwakwa, the Managing Director of the Ghana Airports Company Limited, said the tests are going to be 99% accurate and each test will take 30 minutes only for travellers to get their results.