Wondering which education college to join in Ghana? Komenda College of Education seems like a great choice. Komenda College of Education is one of the many colleges of education in Ghana that you can choose to join. The college offers a variety of courses including basic diploma education courses and recently, bachelor's degree in education. However, one crucial issue you need to put into consideration when making application for any of the courses they offer is the admission requirement into the individual course programmes. This article provides a comprehensive guide to the courses offered by Komenda College of Education together with admission requirements into the courses.
Komenda College is one of the most reliable colleges in Ghana. Gaining admission requires proper preparation. Knowing what you must do to join this college will make it easy for you.
About Komenda College of Education
Komenda College of Education is one of the teacher training colleges in Ghana. It is sometimes referred to as Komenco. The college is located in Komenda, the Central region of Ghana. Komenda College of education was established in a building left by the British Navy after the Second World War. The buildings were leased to the Methodist Church of Ghana in the year 1947, to give space for a training college. This happened thanks to the efforts of Mr. A.B. Sam, regent of Komenda at the time. The government renovated the building thereafter preparing it to be used for educational purpose. The college was established under the motto; (Bepↄwso Kurow Hyeren) which is translated to mean, a city set on a hill shines forth.
Admissions at Komenda College of Education
The doors of the institution are open only to those who meet the set requirements. Applications made requesting for a chance to join Colleges of Education in Ghana is the same across all the colleges.
- The first step involves paying 130 Ghana cedis through a smart pay mode into the College of Education Ghana account. Deposits can be made at any branch of Ghana Commercial Bank nationwide. The amount is paid in the name of the College of Education.
- After the payments are made, an applicant is given a personal identification number and a serial number. This is for the applicant's identification and will help in the application process.
- You will then be required to fill in the online application form. The form should be filled keenly, with all the available results. This is because only the results submitted during the application are used when determining your selection.
- Once the form is properly filled, you will need to print it, then attach your passport photo and result slip before mailing it to Komenda College of Education.
Only successful applicants are communicated to via SMS. They are the same people that will make it to the admission list for Komenda College of Education. It therefore goes without saying, that no communication implies that the application was not successful.
Courses offered in Komenda College of Education
Komenda College of Education offers a number of courses. Each of the courses has different entry requirements.
These are the courses in the college.
- General Program Courses
- Early childhood Education studies
- Mathematics and Science Courses
- French courses.
- Technical courses.
- Courses for Hearing and Visual impaired
- Bachelor of Education
There are general requirements for one to enroll for a diploma in basic education in Komenda College of education, these are the requirements for you to appear on the admission list for Komenda College of Education;
- WASSCE holders. This set of applicants should have credit (A1-C6) in 5 subjects 3 cores including Mathematics and English Language and 2 elective subjects that are relevant to the course applied.
- SSSCE holders. Applicants who hold SSSCE must have credit (A-D) in 5 subjects 3 Cores comprising of Mathematics and English Language and 2 elective subjects which are relevant to the course applied.
- TVET holders. Credits in 5 subjects comprising of 3 cores and 2 elective. 2 of the cores must be Mathematics and English language, whereas the 2 elective subjects must be relevant to the course you wish to pursue.
Similarly, there are general teacher training college admission requirements for those who want to enroll for Bachelor of Education in Komenda College of Education.
- WASSCE Holders. This set of applicants should have credit (A1-C6) in 6 subjects 3 cores including Mathematics and English Language and 3 elective subjects that are relevant to the course applied.
- SSSCE Holders. This set of applicants should have credit (A1-C6) in 6 subjects 3 cores including Mathematics and English Language and 3 elective subjects that are relevant to the course applied.
Komenda College of Education also has room for individuals with special abilities. The categories here comprises of the Visually Impaired and Hearing Impaired.
Komenda College of Education admission requirements
1. An individual who wishes to be considered for a diploma in basic education should meet the following requirements.
Let us look at the summary given here.
2. Persons who want to apply for Bachelor of Education course in Komenda College of Education need to understand that for you to receive Komenda College of Education admission forms then the following should be met.
Here is a summary of the college of education admission requirements in individual programs.
Admission list for Komenda College of Education
Admission lists are always out in good time to prepare the students who have been selected. The student can now get ready to report to Komenda College of Education on the stated date of admission. Komenda College of Education admission forms is among the documents you will receive from this College of Education.
Komenda College of Education contact
The college allows room for communication with a client. In case of any inquires Komenda College of Education contact are as follows.
Postal Address: P.O. Box KM5, Komenda
You can always contact the college by writing a letter or sending email message.
This information here is sufficient for anyone seeking guidance on admission requirements for Komenda College of Education. You can make an application with ease. However, before you you apply, contact the college and make inquiries before proceeding.
READ ALSO: Best remedial schools in Ghana