The highly anticipated UG admission list 2018-2019 is here with us. If you have been asking yourself when will the UG admission list be out, then this is your chance to check if you qualified. Applicants who applied for various courses at the institution can now access the list to know whether they will be joining the university or not. The UG admission list 2018-2019 was released in time to save students the hustle and bustle of the last minute rush. This article provides a more in-depth look at The University of Ghana admission list 2018-2019 academic year. It also explains what the admission list entails while giving an updated information about the admission list. It finally guides you on how you can access the admission list.
Joining a university is something that most students fight for. Knowing that you have been accepted at the university of your choice is something that is both rewarding and motivating. In the end, all your hard work paid off as you get the chance to pursue a course of your choice at an institution that you always wanted. The following UG admission list will prove whether or not you are among the few chosen applicants to join the university. Considering that this is a highly competitive opportunity, it helps if you grab the chance by first ensuring that you have been selected.
READ ALSO: Knust Admission 2017/2018
About the University of Ghana
In addition to being the largest university in Ghana, it is the country's premier university. The university began as the University of Gold Coast by Ordinance, on 11th August, 1948 with a principal purpose of providing and promoting University education. The University is sometimes referred to as Legon.
The University runs on a college system and is made up of the following Colleges:
- College of Basic and Applied Human Science
- College of Health Science
- College of Education
- College of Humanities
The college has a student population of about 38000. This constitutes all the students enrolled for regular programs, distance learning, sandwich programs and for affiliate institutions. The University offers room for the international students. The last two academic years have seen the population of international students increase by a sizeable margin.
The University of Ghana enrollment and graduation statistics
Before we look at the University of Ghana admission list 2018/2019, it is worth looking at the current status so that we can appreciate the steps it has made since its commencement. The breakdown of statistics in term of the programs stand out as follows;
- Postgraduate students- 4820
- Undergraduate Students- 32059
- Sub degrees- 859
- International students- 829
- Admitted Students in 2015/2016- 17996
- Graduate output in 2014/2015- 7722
- Senior Members engaged in research and teaching- 1179
- Senior Administrative and Professional Staffs- 206
University of Ghana admission
The University of Ghana registers their students under the following program modes;
- Distance education
University of Ghana admission list 2018/2019
Have you asked yourself when will the UG admission list be out? Worry no more. You can access the admission list of UG through the UG admission list check. The list has the serial number you used for your application, the program you have been selected in, the program option, and the campus you have been allocated. In addition to the name provided, the mentioned items will help you ascertain your identity on the list.
The available list of admission comes under the following categories;
UG undergraduate admission list
- Admission list for undergraduate Ghanaians
- Admission list for international undergraduate students
UG postgraduate admission list
- Admission list for Postgraduate Ghanaians
- Admission list for international Postgraduate students
Admission list of UG 2018/2019 can be accessed through a provided link.
UG distance admission list
The management of the University of Ghana has also released a UG distance admission list for successful students who want to study through Distance Learning. If you applied for a distance learning programme, you need to check your UG admission status as well.
UG admission list second batch
The UG admission list second batch was released two weeks after the release of the first admission list. The list is a supplement of the first one. Applicants who missed out on the first list can now refresh the list and check once more. The list has about 400 applicants.
UG admission list third batch
The third and final list is now out. The applicants are advised to check for their names. However, for those who miss out on this one, they need to consider themselves unsuccessful for the academic year 2018/2019 and try out next time or opt for a different university.
UG admission list check
University of Ghana admission list has been successfully uploaded online. If you want to check for your admission status online, there is The UG admission list check to help you out. Follow the three steps below to check your UG admission status.
- Go to University of Ghana admission status checking portal. Click on the link provided.
- Provide your login credentials; the serial number or your surname in the search box to check your admission status.
- Lastly, click on Check Admission Status to access your University of Ghana admission list.
The UG admission list check provides you with an opportunity to view all the admission lists.
UG admission list deadline extended
The University of Ghana extended the deadline for the closure of application to 20th July 2018. The extension allowed more time for those willing to apply for an undergraduate program at the university to do so.
Students must understand that fee payment is integral to registration. Students are supposed to pay the required admission fee before they can be allowed to register. Let us look at the how you are supposed to pay the fees.
READ ALSO: WAEC BECE results for private students 2018
1. For the Ghanaian students
Important points to understand when paying fees as a new University of Ghana student.
- Students should only pay fees to banks approved by the University of Ghana
- All deposits should be made with a fee deposit slip
- All deposits at the bank should be made in cash only
- Students must ensure that their names and student index number are correctly captured
- The account name is The University of Ghana.
- All payments should be done using cheques. These can be made at the University's cash office only.
Approved payment modes by University of Ghana
If you are a new student, you should understand that the university accepts payment modes. You should use the one which is more convenient to you.
Students can pay their fees using the following modes
- The Bank
- Online using Master Card, Visa card and Mobile money
The University of Ghana has approved the banks below for the collection of the fee:
All Ghanaian students, except the students of the College of Health Science and those studying through distance learning, should use these accounts
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Ghana) Limited.
- UG pay. This is a secure online payment for mobile money, Visa card and MasterCard. You are to use a specific link.
- Barclays Bank Ghana Limited: Account Name: University of Ghana Student Fee Collection Account
- Republic Bank Ghana Limited: Account Name: University of Ghana-Fees
- UniBank Ghana Limited: Account Name: University of Ghana Student Fee Collection Account
- Eco Bank Ghana Limited: Account Name: University of Ghana Fee Account
- Standard Chartered Bank: Account Name: University of Ghana Students Account
Students in the College of Health Science should use the following banks:
- Eco Bank Ghana Limited: Account Name: University of Ghana College of Health Science student Fee Account
- Guaranty Trust Bank
- UG pay
Students studying through Distance Learning should use:
- Guaranty Trust Bank Ghana Limited
- UG pay
- Ghana Commercial Bank: Account Name: College of Education DE Students Fee Collection Account
2. Foreign students studying at the University of Ghana
Payment mode available for the international students are;
- The Banks
- Online Visa Card and MasterCard
- International transfers. For those who opt for this method, they must understand that the student is responsible for all money transfer charges.
The following are the Banks which are approved by the University of Ghana for fee collection from international students:
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Ghana) Limited
- UG pay
- Eco Bank Ghana Limited (Payment is in Ghana only): Account Name: University of Ghana Fee Collection Account (Forex)
- Eco Bank Ghana Limited: Account Name: University of Ghana Fee Collection Account (FOREIGN) or
Account Number: 0161094409780403. Use Swift Code: ECOCGHAC
Students in the College of Health Sciences should use the following:
- Eco Bank Ghana Limited: Account Name: University of Ghana College of Health Sciences Student Fee Account (FOREX)
- Eco Bank Ghana Limited: Account Name: University of Ghana College of Health Sciences Student Fee Account (Foreign) or Account Number: 0161034485604301
Download provisional admission letter UG
After confirming your UG admission status, successful applicants are supposed to download and print the UG admission letter. The provincial UG admission letter is downloaded through the following link.
The link takes you to a site requiring you to enter your username and password. Log in and download the UG admission letter.
University of Ghana contact information
The University can be contacted through the following reliable communication channels. You can call or send an email to inquire more about admission list of UG. The contacts details are:
Postal Address: P.O. Box LG 25 Legon, Accra
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: +233-(0)302-500381
The names on the university admission list 2018/2019 are only the names of successful applicants for admission into the university. The UG admission list came in first, second and third batches. The article has looked at all the lists, explaining how to access them and check whether your application has been successful or not.