Korle-Bu is a third level government funded health institution that is situated in Accra Ghana. It is the first institution to be established in the Gold Coast and West Africa as a whole.The institution was established in the year 1945, in which the establishment was supervised by the first West African female doctor, Agnes Yewande Savage. It is basically situated in the Accra metropolitan which makes it easier for anyone to locate the physical location. Their main activities are monitored by the Ministry of Education of Ghana which ensures that they produce high quality studies to their students. Korle-Bu Nursing Training forms for admission must be filled and submitted back to the institution.
The diploma in nursing is awarded by the university of Ghana to a student who has completed the nursing training for a period of three years. This is after admission of which you will be required to fill in the korle bu nursing training admission forms .The nurses and midwifery council (NMC) has the responsibility of regulating the activities, the curriculum and the examinations done by the students in the college.
Korle-Bu Nursing Training College admission
The institution accepts new admissions, however you have to have no criminal record in any way. You also need to be between the ages of 18 and 35 years of age. In addition, you will also need to be of good health to be accepted by the institution. There are selection interviews that you will be required to pass.
As a student, you will also be required to have an aggregate score in SSCE24/WASSCE: 36 or above in six subjects, 3 scores and also 3 electives. All these are required to have credits. If you are able to meet all these admission requirements, you can now get the Korle-Bu Nursing Training admission forms 2018 on their website.
How to apply for admission in Korle-Bu Nursing Training college
If you are interested in applying for admission then you must follow these steps to be considered.
1. Buy application codes from the Ghana commercial bank or any of the Agricultural development bank. The codes are at a cost 100 Ghana cedis. This will include the notifications sent to you.
2. You can also pay with MTN by simply going to this website, then click on the mobile money option and follow the prompts.
3. After the payment, as an applicant, you will receive a voucher that will contain your unique serial number and your pin.
4. You will in addition need a dedicated email address and a dedicated phone number.
5. Use the serial number (SN) and pin (PIN) to access the 2018 Korle-Bu Nursing Training forms
6. Note that you cannot access the online application form without the SN and the PIN.
7. Fill the application form correctly and accurately as any wrong entry will automatically disqualify you from being admitted to the college.
8. After you have filled the application form, you will given a uniqur reference number. You will use this number to track your application process.
9. If you meet the admission requirements you will be invited to a competitive interview.
Korle-Bu Nursing Training courses offered
Distant learning is available but the foreign students’ fees are not government sponsored. Apart from the nursing courses, the college also offers midwifery courses. There is a very wide range of the courses offered in the Korle-Bu Nursing Training college, these are some of the courses offered.
- Community health-health promotion and social marrketing
- Community health(pest control)
- Community health (health promotion and social marketing)
- Community health-disease control (top-up)
- Community mental health (post basic)
- Community health (nutrition)
- Community health-nutrition (top-up)
- Health information management
- Health information management (top-up)
- Medical laboratory technology
- Medical laboratory technology (top-up)
- Optical technology
- Optical techonology (top-up)
- Registered dental surgery assistant
- Technical officer (community health-disease control and surveillance option)
- Community mental health
- Certificate community health (field technician)
- Certificate dispensing optics
- Certificate health records management
- Certificate health records management (top up)
- Certificate in lower limb orthotics
- Certificate in lower limb prosthetics
Korle-Bu Nursing Training college fees
The institution boasts of tuition fees and other academic-related charges that are very affordable to students.In addition, you can find the Korle-Bu Nursing Training college forms online easily. Their main policy, however, is based on paying on or before the re-opening day. They demand that the fees are paid before the semester ends, failure to that, the student is barred from taking any examinations whatsoever. The 2018/2019 fees structure though, is yet to be updated by the administration of the institution.
In addition, if a student pays the examination fee after the exams are done they will not be examined with a new set of examination questions. Their website does not provide with the updated with the latest fee structure and so if anyone wants to check the fees structure then they need to keep revisiting the website. Within the website you can also find the Korle-Bu Nursing Training forms.
Korle-Bu Nursing Training College contact information
If you wish to contact the college you can go to their website or contact them using the following contact information
Korle-Bu Nursing Training College:
- P.O Box: KB81/KB83. Korle-Bu
- Helplines: 0302 677 166/0302 665401/0302 665478
- Fax: +233802677166
The Korle-Bu Nursing and Midwifery Training College is a good school for studying these two programmes. The contact information is also open if anyone wants to contact them in any way about any clarification. With an online application as this, the applicant work is made easier, they will only have to invited to the interview. The applicant will not have to keep going back and forth to visit the physical location of the college.