With just a few days left to the 2020 parliamentary and presidential elections, President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is still on the tour of the various regions to get his message across.
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Ghana
He has previously visited the Central, Eastern, Ashanti, Wester, Northern and other regions.
His next stop for the last 3 days has been the Oti and Volt regions.
On Thursday, October 22, 2020, the president ended his 2-day working visit to the Oti Region.
He visited Kete Krachi, Krachi Nchumuru, and Dambai.
YEN.com.gh has however, listed the activities the president together with his team, undertook while on their tour of the region.
1. He commissioned the 64km Kete Krachi - Dodiokope Road; inspected ongoing work on the 15km Kete Krachi town roads.
2. He commissioned the Krachi-Banda road, Krachi Nchumuru, Oti Region
3. Held a meeting with the newly created Oti House of Chiefs
4. Cut the sod for the commencement of work on the 15 million euro Oti Solid Waste Treatment Plant
5. Akufo-Addo cut the sod for the commencement work on the 8,000 seating capacity Regional Sports Stadium (Youth and Sports Centre of Excellence)
6. He also cut the sod for the commencement of work for the YEA Regional Office, in Dambai.
On Tuesday, 20th October 2020, I paid a day's working visit to the Volta Region
In the Volta region, he visited town like Nutekpor, Weta, Penyi and Dzesime.
7. Akufo-Addo addressed a durbar of Chiefs and people at Afife in the Ketu North
8. He also commissioned the 60-bed Ketu North District Hospital
9. He also commissioned the Naval Training Command at Nutekpor in the South Tongu District.
In other news, the Deputy General Secretary of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Peter Boamah Otokunor has revealed that the Electoral Commission wanted the New Patriotic Party(NPP) pick number four during the balloting.
According to him, the EC failed on its attempt to give a clue for the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) to pick 4th position on the ballot paper.
He said he has reasons to suspect that the NPP was given a headway in the first 4th position for their Presidential Candidate to appear on the ballot paper.
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome.
Get interactive via our Facebook page.