- McTominay and Alex Telles are both back in training after lengthy injury spells
- The midfielder was initially ruled out for three weeks after undergoing minor groin surgery
- Telles, meanwhile, has not featured for his side in the league after injuring his ankle in pre-season
- United face a gruelling next 14 days as they will play five games within that period
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Manchester United have received a huge injury boost as they prepare for an excruciating fixture schedule that will entail five games in 14 days.
After a disappointing outing in their opening Champions League Group F clash against Young Boys, United will now set their sights back to the Premier League as they face West Ham on Sunday, September 19.
That will be followed by another fixture against the Hammers, this time in the Carabao Cup third round at Old Trafford on Wednesday, with a league clash against Aston Villa coming the following Saturday.
Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with all major Ghana news
A gruelling fixture schedule will see the Red Devils face off against Villareal in the Champions League on Wednesday, September 29, before the final league game against Everton before clubs head for the international break.
Team news: McTominay back in contention
As far as his squad is concerned, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will have a string of talent to choose from, as midfielder Scott McTominay and left-back Alex Telles are back in full training.
McTominay was present for his team in the opening two league fixtures but has been out of action for three weeks after undergoing surgery for a minor groin issue.
For Telles, he has not featured for the side since pre-season in July after injuring his ankle.
Both McTominay and Telles were pictured training with the team on Thursday, an indication that they will be in contention to play in the upcoming matches.
Solskjaer also confirmed to the Manchester United club website that the pair were fit enough for matches.
“Scott and Alex have joined in training this morning fully. They look good,” Solskjaer told club media.
“Of course we need to have them go through a few sessions before we can consider if they’re going to be available.”
Solskjaer explains CR7, Bruno subs during Young Boys defeat
On Wednesday, United boss tried to make sense of his decision to take off Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes when his side was 1-1 against Young Boys in the Champions League.
Asked after the match why he decided to make the substitutions, Solskjaer said:
"The game had gone 70-odd minutes, they had been running a lot, both on Saturday and today,”