We all want to look tall and strong, it shows that you are healthy and who am I kidding, a tall and strong man or woman always looks attractive. So how do you get that height? Well, you have to observe a certain a diet and with time, you’ll see the difference.
Three factors affect growth, and they include:
- Good food
- Healthy Bones
- Hormonal regulation
Consuming healthy food is mandatory for the overall well being of your body and immune system. This write-up contains the healthy foods that make you taller with time if incorporated correctly into your daily diet.
Many may say that water is not food, but it plays an important role in growth. One may survive for days without food but you cannot go for days without water. Hence water is an essential nutrient for your body and in the category of foods that make you taller and thinner.
As long as the water you drink is clean, fresh, and uncontaminated, the body fluid balance that is made up of 90 percent water is well maintained. The body’s enzymes and binding reactions require water to carry out each function properly. It also flushes out toxic compounds within the body system thus always check the source of your water before drinking.
List of 5 foods that will make you taller and thinner
- Eggs - They provide all the necessary amino acids in the body (which are the building blocks of proteins) Proteins not only maintain a healthy immune system, it also builds muscle tissue, while helping the body renew itself continually. The cholesterol found in yolk raises the HDL (high-density lipoprotein) which is good for the body, and LDL (low-density lipoprotein) that is bad for the body.
- Cruciferous Vegetables - These are power foods make you taller if eaten on a weekly basis. They include cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, kales, and mustard green. Each of these vegetables is rich in minerals photo chemicals, folic acid, and vitamins. They contain antioxidants that repair damaged cells.
- Lemons - Lemons are divided into two categories sweet and acidic, and they contain anti-inflammatory agents. Experimenting with both types is good as it helps with indigestion.
- Bananas - Banana is among the best foods that will help you increase height. The vitamin and efficient compounds within them always guard your body. With so many minerals and vitamins within them, they are an excellent source of energy. In turn, they appear among the list of foods that make you tall.
READ ALSO: Ghanaian foods that take the pain away
- Pepper - The body requires vitamin C to strengthen the arteries and immune system. Green pepper has a very high vitamin C quantity, which rejuvenates vitamin E while building up muscles. However, before consuming pepper, it is vital that you wash them thoroughly since the ones from the market could be contaminated with pesticides.
5 foods that can help you grow taller and stronger
- Beef - It contains more proteins than any other meat and contains zinc, Vitamin B12 and E. The three are useful in activating the production of the growth hormone somatropin. Because of its richness in a significant amount of iron, it fills the cells in the body with oxygen, making it one of the best foods that make you grow taller.
- Walnut - The vitamins contained in these nuts can strengthen bone tissue while enhancing growth because they contain phosphorous, calcium, and vitamin E. Nuts can be eaten as snacks, or you can add them to desserts, and salads, or even make nut milk.
- Oily fish - It contains vitamin A that is a significant growth stimulant. Oily fish produces collagen fibers that develop the bone tissue. The vitamin D in fish oil produces bone-forming cells. Fish leads in foods that make you grow taller.
- Honey is made up of pure sugars that can be absorbed quickly by the body. It gives you lots of energy without affecting the level of insulin.
- Milk is one of the top foods that contribute to growth, but people with a disease like diabetes should avoid milk. Drinking two to three glasses a day accelerates the height of a person.
To improve your height level, it’s imperative you indulge in eating foods and exercises that make you taller.
READ ALSO: Five Foods Ghanaians cannot live without