Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design is one of the most interesting institutions of higher learning in Ghana, in the creative industry. It is a college that focuses on turning people's talents into careers that can sustain lives. The fashion industry is one of the few industries that most people have looked down upon for a long time, yet it has an outstanding potential for growth. At Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design, students get to learn how to turn talents into livelihoods. The institution focuses on helping students advance their skills to levels that bring financial gain.
Most successful people will tell you, find yourself something you like and build up on it. That way you will earn a living. For that reason, institutions that support talent and creativity are coming up. Institutions like Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design are coming up to enable students expound on their skills and become better people in the society
About Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design Accra Ghana
The birth of Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design dates back to about seventeen years ago. The college came about as a result of the efforts of one lady, Mrs. Joyce Ababio. Mrs. Joyce Ababio ventured into the fashion industry by starting a fashion institution in Accra, Ghana. The name of the institution is Vogue Style School of Fashion and Design. It was the first institution to offer fashion related courses then. Vogue Style School of Fashion and Design stayed in operation for close to seventeen years, all this time, under the leadership of its founder Mrs. Joyce Ababio.
In 2013, Mrs. Joyce Ababio felt the urge to expand her territory. That is how Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design Accra Ghana came into existence. This entailed changing the title of the institution from Vogue Style School of Fashion and Design to its new name. She also incorporated new courses in the new school. The new courses that Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design Accra Ghana introduced are graphic design and textile design, to mention but a few. Right now, Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design Accra Ghana is a private institution that has been in operation for the past three years. Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design is an accredited college and is an affiliate of the University of Cape Coast.
Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design courses
If you wish to pursue a fashion related course, consider booking an appointment with Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design. There are so many reasons why you should be part of the institution. The college has been in the fashion industry for close to two decades now. That guarantees the best results based on experience.
The school has been around to witness the fashion industry revolutionize to what it is today. This means that that it has the capacity to train and direct you in a manner that will be relevant to your carer. The other reason is that its parent name, Vogue Style School of Fashion, was the first institution to offer fashion related courses in Ghana. Those are reasons enough to make you go for Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design courses.
The Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design courses are:
- Fashion design
- Graphic design
- Textiles (Surface design)
- Jewelry design
The Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design courses have one thing in common, design. Fashion design, for instance, focuses on all the principles of design in fashion. This programme aims at bringing up individuals who can compete favorably in the fashion industry. It also helps build the creativity of the students which makes them relevant in a versatile industry. The programmes offered for fashion design include:
- Certificate in fashion design and
- Advanced certificate in fashion design.
The Graphic design programme is also an extensive programme. The course aims at ensuring that the learners are conversant with the visual language. Graphic design also builds an individual's creativity when it comes to branding. Graphic design also majors in product packing (particularly branding), entrepreneurship, and interface design for improved user experience. For graphic design, Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design offers:
- Certificate in graphic design.
For textiles (Surface Design), students are taught the principles of dyeing and designing for printing. Joyce Ababio College of Creative Arts offers certificate in textile. For jewelry design, students learn all the forms of bead work. The work includes fabric beading as well as how to make beaded jewelry. The program offered for jewelry design is:
- Certificate program in Jewelry.
READ ALSO: Top graphic design schools in Ghana
Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design fees
The doors to Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design are open for both local and international students. The Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design fees charges are pocket-friendly. The charges are organized in two different categories.
- This is the national group, which exclusively covers students who are Ghanaian citizens, and
- The international category, for foreign students.
Other fees details are as follows:
- The annual Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design fees charge for certificate programs is 150 Ghana Cedis for admission and GHC 4,700 for tuition. The charges are the same, both for the national and international categories.
- For students who wish to pursue an advanced certificate in fashion design, the Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design fees charges is GHC 200 for admission, both for international and national categories.
- The tuition charges for domestic students is GHC 3,500 while that for international students is GHC 4,500 per semester.
- If you wish to pursue a certificate in graphic design, the Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design fees costs are GHC 150 for admission, and 3,700 Ghana Cedis for tuition, both for national and international students.
- The Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design fees charges for any of the certificate programs includes the charges for pattern kits, handouts, and graduation fees.
While paying the Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design fees, students are advised to deposit their amounts to the bank. No cash payments are accepted at the school. Use these details to pay your fees:
- The stipulated bank is Fidelity Bank Ghana, Osu branch.
- The account number is; 1300480804419 and
- The account name is Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design.
If you wish to directly transfer money from your account and channel it to Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design fees, the only thing that changes on the bank draft is that you insert the words, 'Pay to’, then proceed to giving the account name as;
- Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design and
- The account number as; 740480804413.
- The bank draft has a slot for the swift code. Provide FBLIGHAC on that slot.
Take note of the fact that students are also allowed to pay Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design fees in installments.
Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design admission requirements
Like most institutions, you must fulfill a set of conditions before you gain admission to a course. The same case applies to Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design. The admission requirements for Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design are given in different sets, depending on the type of exams that a student sat for in his or her ‘O’ levels or ‘A’ levels. Here is a brief overview of the Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design admission requirements.
- For candidates who are holders of the SSSCE certificate, the entry requirement is a minimum of six passes in all subjects, including Mathematics and English and the three passes from the subjects that the candidate’s area of specialization.
- For candidates who are holders of the WASSCE certificate, the entry requirement is a minimum of six passes in all the examined subjects, inclusive of Mathematics and English language, and not less than a C6 in any of the three subjects within their area of specialization.
Meeting these requirements means that a candidate qualifies for any of the Diploma or Higher National Diploma programmes.
- For candidates who have a Diploma, the entry requirement is a minimum of a Second class lower division. The candidate should have graduated from the University of Cape Coast or any other equivalent institution. The candidate should also have not less than two-year working experience.
The admission requirements for students who wish to enroll for any of the certificate programmes is a Senior High School certificate or a JSS certificate.
How to apply for Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design courses
After going through the admission requirements and confirming that you qualify for any of the categories, as a prospective student, you can proceed to the application phase for the Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design courses you want.
- The procedure first involves obtaining the admission form. The form is available at the school.
- A prospective student can also download the form from the school’s website. The form is available at a fee. The form for certificate program goes for GHC 50. The Diploma program form goes for GHC 80 which is the same as the one you need for a degree program.
- After obtaining the form, the student should then fill it in with the correct details and send it back to the school.
- While submitting the form, the student should attach two passport pictures, copies of the required transcripts and certificates as well as an essay.
- The essay is a mandatory part of the admission requirements.
- Mature students, aged above twenty-five years should call the school. They are not supposed to go through the application process. Instead, they are supposed to contact the school and make arrangements for an in-house examination which the school administers before their admission into the school.
- International students are also required to send copies of their academic certificates. The school will arrange on how all the certificates will be sent for accreditation to ensure that they are legit. This process is done to ensure that the student is legible for admission. For this reason, the student is expected to pay 100 Cedis towards facilitating the process.
Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design contact
Are you good at fashion, or do you have a liking for fashion design? Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design is the place to be. The college is more than willing and equipped to make you realize your dream. All you need to do is enroll for your courses and let the school do the rest. First things first, before we get to enrolling at Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design, it helps to understand the location of Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design. Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design is along Switchback road in Accra, Ghana.
For any inquiries concerning the admission process, or for advice on which course to pursue, a prospective student can reach the school through any of these Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design contacts:
- Postal address: Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design,
P.O Box CT 1097, 26 W Cantonments,
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: +233 23-5682600 or +233 302-797471
Life is all about doing what you love most. All you have to do is realize your passion and invest the right energy towards it. If fashion is what you like, invest in it by enrolling at Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design for a great experience that will lead you towards your career.